Too much server spam

@xxmarijnw
Disallowing server advertisements != removing the server tag.
Need help with errors on your server? = use the server tag.

Simple as that.

I understand that the ‘Servers’ tab isn’t only used for advertisements but atleast block the servertab from ‘Latest’ or make a subforum allocated to Advertisments.

This. Or disallow those.

Although your advertisement wasn’t a shitpost one like the [3 years] server or whatever, that is being hypocritical haha.

Just gonna put my opinion up here, but I think the servers sub-forum should be limited to just showing off things you do on the server or be used as a place for help on how to fix your server. As long as a post doesn’t have a server ip in it, it should be fine. (Of course I’m going to make an exception for @MrMysteri0us because his server is for the sponge community, and it should be fine till we get something more official, if ever.)

1 Like

I know… but well, I guess I started this server posting spree…

Thanks for the exception. <3

np m8 <3

its pretty fun (despite the fact i cant play normally there) XD

Well, you pretty much use my server like an IRC client with a nice background. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, it’s not your fault. It’s the fault of the people who felt it necessary to potentially ruin the forums with their generic pay-to-win servers. Let’s hope that server posting can still be done, but with strict submission rules (such as allowing criticism, having guidelines for how the title is to be formatted, format for the submission body e.g. copy-pasted format to follow and images should be shown as links, not displayed on the page).

Here’s something we can follow: (spongeForums != (PMC | otherServerLists))

2 Likes

All that really needs to happen is make it so that threads in the servers category don’t show up on the latest page, just like how threads in the “Off Topic” category don’t show up.

well I am glad everyone agrees with me.

I think having a special place on the forum that’s easy to find for server ads is best. People will always post servers, even if it’s against the rules - if there’s an easy place for them to post them, then it’s easy for those of us not interested to ignore them, and less work for moderators to police.

1 Like

[DarkArcana has made an official rules list for the forums] (Sponge Rules and Guidelines - #2), so advertising shouldn’t be a large issue anymore.

1 Like

Yep. I don’t take kindly to spam or advertisement. When it quickly got out of hand, we wanted to handle it. It will be dealt with and removed soon.

i get that we dont want servers advertising for players, but what about a help wanted tab where if a server is looking for staff to help run the server = they can advertise there, as most peoples first introduction into mod writing and server management is by helping out someone elses server.

I disagree. People can find staff for their server on a different website.

It’d just end up getting misused as another form of server advertisement. “We’re looking for mods/admins/ect so come join our server!”

Killswitch spammers. /s They dont even deserve to run a server.

I dont think server advertising belongs in here.

I’m being kind of a hypocrite but I think @MrMysteri0us is right. I think the server section could be used for server problems. The section should only be used for this purpose though.