Universe Guard - An easy to use world protection plugin for Sponge

A new version has been released for Universe Guard, it is available for download here.

• Region Selector fixed: When using the /rg command the Region Selector will no longer replace the item in your hand. Instead it will look the first available slot in your inventory, prioritizing the hotbar
  • Mob aliases: When using the mob-related flags you can now use the mob id without the mod id, for example you can now use just creeper instead of minecraft:creeper

Please add the use flag? So that people cant launch rocket launchers in my server’s spawn?

This plugin can’t protect mod items from destroying the world
If this is normal, please let us know!
If it is not normal, please fix it~

A new version has been released for Universe Guard, it is available for download here.

• BETTER CODE!: Improved the liquid flow flags source code to avoid some small errors. Those errors are believed to be the cause of some bug reports, mostly the “Could not pass MoveEntityEvent”. So, having more controls on what happens on those flags should now prevent these errors to spam the server console and cause lag.
  • NEW COMMAND /rg itemuse: With this new command you can allow or disallow an item to be used inside the Region. Note that this flag is intended to work with items, like bows, enderpearls, snowballs etc… You can disallow the use of blocks and items like boats or minecarts, however since there are already specific flags for them you might have some unpredictable results, like consuming the item without actually spawning the block or the entity. The command syntax is the follow: /rg itemuse [true|false] [modid:itemid], for example /rg itemuse false minecraft:apple will disable the use of apples, meaning no one in the Region can eat them (how cruel you might be to do that?)

Why is console spamming

[10:43:57] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:02] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:08] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:08] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:09] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:09] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:12] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:12] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:13] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false
[10:44:13] [Server thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Universe Guard 2: false

Wich version are you using? This topic belongs to an old version by the way, you can find the new one here
https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/universe-guard-2-an-easy-to-use-world-protection-plugin/21661

UniverseGuard-2.16.jar.

When the plugin was active, players all over the server could not open chests, they could break them, and place them but not open them.
Minecraft: 1.12.2
SpongeAPI: 7.1.0-ff990df
SpongeForge: 1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3477
Minecraft Forge: 14.23.5.2769

• New command: /rg globalfor: This command will allow you to create global regions for custom dimensions.This has been done because some mods adds some dimensions that are not recognized by Sponge. Also it allows you to setup a new dimension without restarting the server to see if the region file for the dimension is generated automatically. Note that you should run this command BEFORE entering the new dimension, otherwise you’ll get spammed with tons of errors! So make sure you first create a global region for your new dimension before actually using it! More info on the syntax can be found on the Wiki

• Cleaned up some logs that made into the public release for the last version.

Heyo,
Can you please add support for region-based Gamerules?

Please let me ask if this plugin is Universe Guard 2? I cannot access Universe Guard 2 on sponge’s Plugin page and cannot find Universe Guard 2 on Ore. Is this the Universe Guard 2 version?

Yes, it is :slight_smile: I used the same Ore page as the first one but i don’t remember why honestly. I’ll probably make a new Ore page when version 3 will be realesed

Hello.

I’m currently porting a Spigot plugin, called MCJukebox.
However, this plugin uses WorldGuard RegionEvents, and I wonder if this plugin could hold to the task.

Thanks

Unfortunately no, since WorldEdit Regions are not the same as UG Regions and there’s no sub-plugin wich other plugins can attach (like this one from WE. Eventually there will be at some point but it won’t be in the near future) :confused:

@Francesco_Jimi

You can add new flags such as:

Planting crops: In this area yes/no crops can plant
Growing crop: In this area yes/no crops can grow
Plant sapplings: In this area YES/NO you can plant sapplings
Option to use biomes as regions
and be able to include mod plants and crops

1 Like

• Fixed an item frame, paintings and other tile entities duplication bug when the flag destroy is set to false

• Fixed still be able to place buckets, fire and everything that comes from an item (like strings or fire from firecharge) with place flag set to false

Fixed a warning spam on using buckets (More: A warning keeps getting spammed into the server's console. · Issue #77 · JimiIT92/UniverseGuard2 · GitHub)

Hello, it’s me again, I’m still working on the port of MCJukebox and it does great.
I just have one little question (because yes, I can use your plugin as a region manager after all !)

Does the method called getLocalRegion in the class RegionUtils (UniverseGuardAPI7/RegionUtils.java at master · JimiIT92/UniverseGuardAPI7 · GitHub) take care about priority ?

Like, If I get a region using this method, does it will return the most important (given by priority) region ? Because this could actually save my life

Thanks !

1 Like

Hi. Is it possible to use Poligon for the regions?

Hi, Yes the getLocalRegion takes care about the Region priority and will return the Region with the higher priority if more are in the same location :slight_smile: