[UNOFFICIAL] New Sponge homepage

No more free apache space on my hosting :x

I would really love to help make the website whenever you end up making that. Is there any way I can sign up to do that?

There is no possibilty to sign up for helping develop the website as of now.

I gotta say its better than the design we currently have. But the load time… GOSH!

Do you think some of the staff would be willing to start a thread with the ideas the web design team has aggregated thus far? Would be nice to see what kind of features they’d like, and then maybe have some community input in that direction.

1 Like

We haven’t gotten that far yet.

1 Like

That’s an opinion. A bold on, but stiil an opinion. How about you do better, Mr. Web Designer flamer troll-under-the-sponge dude, sir?

3 Likes

I could easily do far, far better, but that’s not a requirement in order for me to judge quality anyway. Beyond that, what Sponge has is fine for this stage in development, and far, far better than what’s offered here. They don’t need me or anyone yet, and when they do they can almost certainly get someone who will even do better than I, as I’m not a graphic designer. I tend to focus more on UI/UX and front-end development.

From my perspective, you are the troll here sir. You are the one who is trying to bait me. If you don’t like what I have to say just buggar off. The guy posted his work for critique and it got critiqued. I stated that I didn’t like it, and listed the completely valid reasons as to why. So cry me a river. I’ve put up with much worse and far less constructive criticism than what I offered to get where I am.

Bit of a harsh typeface, Not any real change. I also noticed you didn’t include any sort of boilerplate. I recommend at least Twitter Bootstrap or just HTML5 Boilerplate at the very least.

Not trying to bash anyone but @Jake0oo0 has the best sponge website I’ve seen so far, https://sponge.jake0oo0.me/ It looks awesome right? (Although could look a bit more like the current website)

1 Like