[OLD] Utilities - A collection of API's to make coding faster and simpler

Utilities Build Status JitPack

Links

About

Utilities exists for one reason only. This reason is to provide developers a set of tools.
This project is designed to be able to aid in the creation of any project not just Minecraft related.

Core

At its core it contains a basic set of tools. But the core is split up into modules.
The modules are designed to break up parts that only some projects need and others don’t.

• Core - A set of generic utility classes and functional interfaces
  • Locale - A system to load locales based on properties files
  • Redis - Set of utility classes to help with programing with redis
  • Scheduler - A very basic scheduler system

Sponge

Provides a basic set of tools for sponge. Parts of the system are designed to leverage sponge’s design.
Each sub system uses a interface for the interaction and a manager for the brains.
This allows for other developers to extend the system with out recreating everything from scratch.

• Protocol - A tool to handle packets of the minecraft server
  • Holograms - A tool to handle the managment of holograms

Using

We use JitPack for the Maven repository hosting.

• Repository: https://jitpack.io
  • Core: net.year4000.utilities:core:master-SNAPSHOT
  • Sponge: net.year4000.utilities:sponge:master-SNAPSHOT
5 Likes

Maybe a Packet is a CatalogType and available in the GameRegistry?

I don’t think that is necessary unless I misunderstand what you mean.

It’s a small object with an ID, right? Therefore it’d make sense to catalog them.

Does the holograms api need a specific Minecraft version to work because it uses packets?

Only if the Packet IDs changes between versions then it would need to reflect PacketTypes.java and Hologram.java. From what I checked ids have changed from 1.8 to 1.9 but not in 1.10.

How do I depend on it using Gradle? Do I need to use jitpack.io, or you have own repository? Also, is API separate from implementation?

The API and implementation is one Utilities is more like Guava. ATM I just been using git sub modules. You can reference another project that uses it. GitHub - ewized/wands: Create magical wands to cast magical spells

I just toke a look at JitPack and its pretty cool. I will take a look to see what I can do to get that running.

It’s running automatically for you, anyone can use it.

1 Like

Added Support for JitPack for the Maven repository hosting. Please use the following artifacts so we can do download tracking.

Repository: https://jitpack.io
Core: net.year4000.utilities:core:master-SNAPSHOT
Sponge: net.year4000.utilities:sponge:master-SNAPSHOT

lol ‘added support’
jitpack works with anything regardless of support.

1 Like

Is this up to date?

The protocol needs to be updated to MC 1.11 but everything else work.