Votifier v2.1 [4.x, 5.x]

This plugin is no longer supported and will no longer be distributed.

Regards,
Favorlock

4 Likes

Just wondering have you obtained or need to obtain permission to port this? If this is not an official port sanctioned by the original authors, any chance of changing the name to make it clear this is a fork/port?

I mean, it’s very clear by the license that you are allowed to, it’s just a matter of organization and keeping things straightforward.

Also note that some brave soul already ported Votifier to Forge and Sponge. Maybe you can unite forces with him?

Sponge port: GitHub - clienthax/VotifierSponge: Votifier for sponge
Forge port: GitHub - clienthax/votifier: Forge port of votifier

As you mentioned the license authorizes derivative works and redistributing those derivatives and does not require explicit permission to do so. I read the terms of the license before making the announcement and determined that it would be unnecessary to contact the authors. I’m advertising the mod as is based on multiple factors; A. The derivative is nothing more than a port; B. The authors have not expressed any public interest in porting the plugin to sponge; C. The authors may contact me if they have any concerns (e.g. request ownership or modification of the thread, etc). Additionally I have included credits to ensure that the original authors are recognized for their work and that my only contribution thus far has been the porting from Bukkit to Sponge.

I was unaware that someone had already ported the plugin seeing that I couldn’t find any release post in the forums so I opted for porting the plugin. Given that the plugin requires little to no maintenance for extended periods of time I’ll refrain from disturbing clienthax for the time being.

Causes Server Crashes

You actually do realize that it’s extremely hard for developers to find out whats the problem when not even appending one single server log?

1 Like

The plugin just needed to be updated to Sponge 4.x. Votifier 2.1 should work for you.

This works with EMP right?

I have not tested it, but I am assuming so since Favorlock is the developer of both if I remember correctly.

It should. I haven’t verified but both this plugin and NuVotifier use the same format so EMP Sponge should be compatible with both.

@favorlock Any chance of this going to 5.0 or 6.0?

I can update it once I’m over my cold.

1 Like

Awesome thanks man!

nuVotifier is working fine

You can find an updated jar for sponge at https://github.com/Favorlock/votifier/releases/tag/v2.1-r2

Let me know if you have any issues.

I’m really confused as to how to set up this vote listener? does anyone have a dummy guide or anything?

This is not a listener. It’s votifier itself.

If you’re looking for a listener, try serious vote or aurion vote

As of today, 8/29/2018, curscascis says his Serious NuVotifier and SeriousVote plugins are up-to-date, actively maintained, and working for Sponge APIs 4, 5, 6, and 7. He also says that anyone who needs help should contact him using the Discord he links to on his SeriousVote page.

links are broken

Thats because they has taken the project down from their git (where the source code is uploaded). This is probably due to the fact it hasn’t been updates since API 5 and there are alternatives for api 5 and better