WebInterferance

u include it with maven?

well i guess ill use a plugin then :smiley:

Also, H2 database at h2database.com

No need to be abrasive. I don’t think he was implying what the other forums said about embedding it into the Sponge API, but rather just saying he wanted to make a third party one, which I’m all for. I’d even like to help, been playing around with the idea of it myself, but I’d probably only do the web design part as I’m not familiar with web interfacing with Java.

@MCMatters
It’ll take time to find a Sponge dev seeing as the API isn’t finished. May be worth creating the web portion and preparing it for server connectedness, or even writing it for Bukkit and porting it later, but no Sponge at the moment.

[quote=“MCMatters, post:1, topic:2690”]
with the onEnable() and onDisable()also maybe help with drawing some images, to speed up the process.
[/quote] Maybe just me, but this wasn’t too clear. What did you mean by the enable / disable part?

like i just dont know how to code with forge

I may be mistaken, but I don’t think you’ll really need to know Forge. I’m hoping at any rate that plugins will be developed entirely on the Sponge platform, with no direct API use via Forge necessary, or even depending on Forge API in development workspaces. There isn’t much to Sponge at the moment, but @Tux2 has written a post about how to start a new Sponge plugin here. As far as I know, you can just depend on the Sponge API for everyone but the log4j in that tutorial.

Sorry, Tux if I’m pinging you a lot with these references to your setup guide XD

may u add me on skype @mcmatters123 and u and i can discuss css?

Sorry, I don’t really distribute my Skype. If I contribute to the CSS, it’ll likely just revolve around me mocking up a non-functional panel on my web server. If I can even manage that given that I have classes and my PC running on a generator otherwise (haven’t had electricity for about 3 weeks). I’ll just be hard pressed to be able to cooperate with anyone, but I’m interested in exploring the idea of a panel mock up in my own time.

Things is, you don’t need a plugin or a web server to build your panel. A single HTML file and JS can do the trick just fine. Minecraft has protocols for that, check RCON and QUERY. The whole idea of embedding Jetty in the server comes from Dynmap which needed to process Minecraft assets in realtime. Having a web server made sense then, but in this case there’s no need to do so.

@MCMatters still needs to abstract the table creation statements though, as well as the SQL statements, if provider switching is to be supported.

There isn’t even a standard syntax to quote table, field, etc. names, even between SQLite and MySQL.

Ah, I may look into that then. I’ve never really tried to make a functional panel. At the moment, I’m more interested in doing the styling, been doing web design since I was probably 12, so I like to come back to it and tinker now and then. The query should be easy enough, I’ve dealt with that to some extent with PHP classes, but I suppose ajax would be better for a live panel. RCON I haven’t messed with, but I can see the applications for it.

Ps.: Please use the search function:

1 Like

I just think you design it and I code it

I’m not a designer, I’m a straight backend developer :wink:
But I have enough knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS to do this job.
I’ll take the bootstrap template I posted :wink:

• Morph
1 Like

What kind of user needs is this web interface going to fulfill?

As I told @Kornagan earlier on, this isn’t the same, @IDragonfire, he’s suggesting creating his own external/3rd party web panel, not suggesting Sponge to implement it. I’d think for that it would prompt a new thread, as he’s also asking for help.

I’m not sure if I’ll actually contribute to this project. If I go through and create the webpage, may end up just doing the rest on my own as well. If it needs a plugin, then I may write my own (as I’ve been somewhat interested in doing something like this via plugin for a while now anyways, just not sure how). On a side note, I can link the rough sketch of what I’ve slapped together last night for the dashboard. I’m aware that some of these stats probably will need a plugin to report. It’s also modeled somewhat after MineOS’s panel, which I liked, despite the fact that it didn’t seem to update very well.

[redacted - no longer working on this]

Of course, it’s entirely non-functional at the moment, and none of the pages listed on the left navigation exist yet, so everything is coded directly into that one html file. It’s probably fairly messy as well since I usually rush to get things looking relatively right, then clean up later.

Latent note, I’ve tried to use images lightly on here, like on the logo, next to the navigation links, and next to the mini meters. Most of these I can probably sprite together later as well. Also intend to add some more indicative icons to the server status indicators to the left of each server in the quick controls.

Event more latent note, I have style sheet to somewhat re-arrange the website when the screen is less than a certain width, and I haven’t worked on the narrow layout (inclined to mobile), so it’ll look pretty goofy if the screen isn’t wide enough.

Despite being a “GUI” I would like to see console access, just to the server, not to the OS (Obviously), so that one can send console messages to the server patrons like “5 min to reboot” or “power went out here running on UPS 15 min on battery”

Just my 2 Canadian cents

1 Like

I’m sure I’ll get to that eventually. Haven’t even added the mechanism to switch pages yet, which I’m not sure if I’d rather do with PHP page contents or AJAX hot loading the pages. I just thought I’d start one what would likely be the most cluttered page XD

Can you add charts to the bootstrap theme. That would be great :smile: