Title can't be blank

I respect your server setup. Even though it wasn’t built around large-ness [don’t know if that world exists] or for the public, but it seems like a stable server setup and I do bet your kids love to play on servers with you.

For the bungeecord triad I allow 50 slots. I have never seen that many on at once. all my servers are white listed. The most I have seen on simultaneously is 16, which is a lot for a family and friends server. I have enough bandwidth to support quite a bit on the spigot side, because I have 101 Mb/sec down ~40 Mb/sec up (the most you can get where I live with a residential account). Tekkit is far more bandwidth intensive. It gets dicey at about 10 simultaneous people, due to bandwidth usage, not CPU or memory limits.

Well, I currently run my server off of a Ramnode vps (2048MB SVZ plan).

Ram: 2 GB
Storage (SSD): 95 GB
CPU: 3.3 GHz
Bandwidth: 4000 GB
Cost: $20.00 USD/Month

I use to think a beefy machine was needed then realized a moderate machine can handle a small-midsize crowd just fine. I switched from a pricey i7 cpu, 32gb ram dedicated server rack to a home hosted server with an i5, 8gb ram and a 100/20mbps connection on centos 6. Running about 45 bukkit plugins. The only thing I miss was cranking up the servers view distance to 16… I now have to run at default 10 or the server cpu maxes out hard with just a dozen people. I don’t miss spending money :smile:

Delidded/Lapped i7 4790k @ 4.9ghz (I have not shipped the server to the datacenter yet, I might push to 5ghz, but I’m not sure it’s worth the risk as 4.8 is stable after 8 hours of Intel’s burn test)

Corsair H105

GIGABYTE UD5H Black Edition

32GB of 1866mhz RAM (Kingston Hyper X Fury)

Samsung 850 Pro with RAPID

Two HGST 1tb drives with 32MB of cashe in RAID 0 for backups. (250MB/s) I’ll also do true backups weekly.

Corsair 500r, 6 120mm fans other than the rad fans, which are the SP 101s at the top of my head.

Seriously? Backups on Harddisks in RAID0 ? Good luck with that.

I’m running an MC server and a bunch of other stuff on:

• a E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
  • 32gigs of non-ECC RAM
  • 2x1.5TB Disk in RAID1 (Guess what, running database queries on the main thread is not a good idea using these, even seemingly simple queries!)
  • Fully virtualized using KVM, host and guests on Debian Testing, configuration via Puppet

“I’ll do true backups weekly.”

You might want to read before you call me out on anything.

edit: the RAID 0 backups would be used for a more hardware-esque backup for petty stuff like rollbacks, as a just in case thing… I’m not going to rely on RAID 0 for actual backups. I’m also thinking about RAID 1, too. Not sure if I want to get a backup service and RAID 0 or just RAID 1 as of yet.

It would depend on where the IO performance bottleneck is in terms of doing the backup. I personally would do at least RAID 1; with RAID 0 you have two points of failure, either of which would render the backup invalid.

Nothing much:

• Intel Core i7-2600 Quad Core
  • 32 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 2x 3 TB SATA III HDD
    We have actually had several servers running on it, currently runs 2 MC servers, both running in ramdisk.

Wow you guys with your Intel Cores, Intel Xeons…

1.7 server:

• AMD Athlon x2 3250e 1.5GHz
  • 4 GB RAM(2 for server)
  • 1x 250GB
  • Debian 64bit (But it runs only one low traffic server, so Im good for now)

1.8 testing

• AMD Athlon II x3 455 Triple core 3.3GHz
  • 8GB Ram(1 for server)
  • 500 GB HDD
  • Ubuntu Gnome(Main computer so yeah)
    (For Development, so very low traffic)

RAM: 16GB
HDD: 2 TB
CPU: Xeon E3-1230V3 Haswell 3.3GHz

Summary

Operating System
		MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
		Intel Core i5 2500K  @ 3.30GHz	32 °C Liquid Cooled (Coolit Extreme Systems) overclocked too 4.8GHz stable for 2 years with constant load of min 5% (stress tested for over 1 week)
		Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
		24.0GB DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24) overclocked at 2100MHz

Motherboard
		Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 (Socket 1155)	27 °C

Graphics
		BenQ G2420HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
		BenQ G2420HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
		NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FTW Edition

Hard Drives
		234GB Corsair Force GT ATA Device (SATA)	26 °C OS and Server
		977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)	27 °C Storage
		977GB Seagate ST31000333AS ATA Device (SATA)	25 °C Storage

Optical Drives
		HL-DT-ST BD-RE  BH08LS20 ATA Device

Audio
		High Definition Audio Device

Network Card
                   Gigabyte Motherboard Connection

Router
                   Asus AC2400 RT-AC87U (server is a wired connection) DDoS/Flood Protection
                   DNS server through Shaw (all hosting is done on this computer)

Got a couple of servers, one running Bukkit with ~30 plugins, one running FTB which we change every 4 months or so. Both are the same spec:

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
64GB EEC DDR3-1600
2x 160GB SSD

Run regular backups to another (much smaller) server with a few TB of HDDs.

1 Like

Don’t know if this thread is still going, I’ll post mine and share a little bit.

Processor: AMD 8-core 4.4 GHz
RAM: DDR3 1444 MHz 8 GB
Storage: 500 GB HDD
Connection: 300/300 Mbps

This is more than enough for the use I have. On a network where this rig is not only running Minecraft server but also someone on the network wanted a TF2 server but misconfigured it… it’s pretty nice considering the TF2 screwed with some RAM.

This network is shared by a lot of people and this rig never seems to use more than 20 Mbps. It’s nice.

Processor: dual Intel Xeon E5620 (4c/8t) 2.4ghz
RAM: 72gb DDR3 RDIMM 1066mhz
Storage: 4x250gb HDD raid 10

Note server does server other functions, minecraft gets a few system threads and 20gb of ram though.

RAM: 72GB (70GB dedicated to mc rest for OS and MySQL)
CPU: 2x Intel Xeon L5520
HDD: None
SSD: 4x 500GB (RAID 10)

Personally built and owned (by a country redneck):
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ Motherboard
Liquid cooled AMD FX 9590 8 CORE 5.0GHz (turbo mode ‘locked in’)
32 G’s ram, Crucial Ballistic Sport
Dual WD Black Edition High Performance 500G hd’s with 64MB cache each
OS = Linux Ubuntu Server ran headless with CLI
Dedicated ISP for nothing but the server, with individual IP’s for each VM.
750 watt 80 Gold UPS
1400VA 840 watt UPS battery backup
Using Virtual Box to run MC servers inside isolated vm’s (currently 2, as i provide hosting for a friend from the UK)
‘Host’ box hasn’t been rebooted in over 40 days, still stable as a rock.
**Notice no mention of a new case? I modified an ‘universal’ 20 year old case to put all the new hardware in :slight_smile:
Also, running ‘headless’ eliminates any pull on resources for graphics.

• RAM 1GB
  • HDD None
  • SD Card 8GB
  • CPU 1 x 1GHZ(some arm v7 processor)
    It actually is a mobile phone running a custom linux kernel :smile:
3 Likes

Nothing special, but does the job, got the darn thing for free anyway.

• RAM: 4GB
  • HDD: Plenty enough
  • SSD: nope
  • CPU: 2 × 3.2GHz (Intel Core2Duo E8500)

For free?! Decent…