Title can't be blank

Lol… I run my computer at 4.6 ghz and I don’t need liquid nitrogen. You only need liquid nitrogen for like 6ghz+

They were throwing out “old” computers at a friends job, so I got them on the condition I picked them up.

2 Likes

@Magnus right on!

1 Like

But to be serious, I run temp servers on my main computer so,
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 465 GiB
SSD: N/A
CPU: 2.93GHz Intel(R) Core™2 Duo CPU E7500

My server:

CPU: AMD FX-6300
RAM: 16GB DDR3-1866
HDD: 1TB
SSD: Getting one soon.

(This doesn’t just run a MC server)
(Also it is privately-hosted)

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz
Ram: 64GB DDR3 ECC
HDD: Dual 2TB disks, in RAID 1.
SSD: Meh, I honestly never noticed a big enough performance advantage, if I need that fast of write speeds I’ll just setup a ram disk… but If I was ever in need of more ram… an SSD could be an option! :open_mouth:

Right now, I run all of my stuff Virtualized, it gives me more bang for my buck. :smiley:

Node 1 -
Ram: 8GB
Disk: 160GB

• This runs discourse, and a MySQL server, and Nginx. Oh… and Bungee.

Node 2 -
Ram: 8GB
Disk: 256GB

• Runs two MC servers, nothing fancy, mostly used for testing, with one production server.

I have another VM identical to 2 that runs two more MC servers. (I only have 4.)

1 Like

I wonder if you could run a server off of a Banana Pi too, as that has 1gb of ram and a 1ghz dual core arm processor. lol, it would still probably be quite slow if you could.

My server is at 4.9ghz with a max temp of 70c.

Lern2hardware

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t want to overclock my servers that much, for longevity reasons, I was only able to get my sandy bridge 2600k cpu up to 4.5ghz without having a voltage higher than 1.35v. It was running at 1.325v, but it wasn’t a long term stable overclock as I needed to boost the voltage a little every month to keep that overclock, so I eventually went back to stock on that comp. The stock voltage for my 2600k is at 1.26v full clock idle, and 1.2v at full load. I never had a cooling problem with mine when I was overclocking the thing, it only got up to 60-65c most of the time, maybe 70c if it was warm in the room and I was running something that was maxing out the cpu.

The comps that I use for servers are my desktop and laptop, the desktop has a Intel core i7 2600k, 8gb of ram, and the laptop has a sandy bridge i3(Don’t really remember the model number off of the top of my head.), also with 8gb of ram. Both comps are using 128GB SSD drives for their system drives, while the desktop has a few other drives for extra storage. I currently have my MC server on the laptop, as that one has linux on it, and the only servers that are on the desktop one are one’s that only run on windows properly.

To mcmonkey’s post, it was for cpu’s running at 6+ ghz that needed liquid nitrogen to run.

Latest topics said the last post was at 05.10.2017, tho i doesnt show for me. Hope its ok :smiley:

Anyway thats my setup:

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex41s-ssd?country=gb

Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Quad-Core
RAM: 64 GB DDR4
Hard Drive: 2 x 250 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
(Software-RAID 1)
Connection: 1 GBit/s-Port
Guaranteed bandwidth: 1 GBit/s
Backup space: 100 GB
Traffic: 30 TB *

• RAM: 4gb though Im only allocating 3gb to the minecraft server (will upgrade soon)
  • SSD : 40gb ssd
  • CPU : %100 intel they don’t actually say pretty sure.
  • OS Centos 7