What does your computer setup look like?

We’re all curious. Here’s mine!

It wouldn’t have been a bad idea for you to remove the picture of you.

3 Likes

Imgur

I don’t have much, just my laptop, 24" monitor, and my Raspberry Pi server. Quite messy.

Main computer, linux laptop, mac mini, and an android tablet that I use as an extra screen to display programming docs, etc. EDIT: All of them are controlled through Synergy, I just didn’t have a better place to put the extra keyboards/mice. Also not shown is the giant whiteboard I use for planning/troubleshooting plugins & programs (especially SQL queries/db’s)

You know those gun mats they use in gun stores?

That’s my mouse pad. It was a good 5ish dollars.

Also specs: Two GTX 770s 4gb in SLI, i5 4670k at 4.6ghz with a Noctua NH-D14 and a Gigabyte Sniper m5 Max CPU temps: 72c, Max GPU temps: 83c

I’ve got his son’s picture! Time to hack his Myspace profile!

2 Likes

It’s actually just me, a long time ago. Nice try though :stuck_out_tongue:

Pictures came out dark…

First monitor is main work, lots of side work is tossed onto 2nd monitor or things I don’t feel like to alt+tab to see again. Laptop is for “on the go” stuff and running test servers so not all the stress is on my desktop.

So I kinda like these threads so here is mine:
This is how it was 4 days ago:

then i installed my laptop with dual monitor setup and it became this:

then I put in place my test server:

And you get that :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a MSI GT70 0NC-027NL laptop with:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX670M 3GB DDR5
  • HDD 1: 750GB
  • HDD 2: 1000GB
  • RAM: 24GB DDR3

Monitors:

• LG 29EA93-P 29"
  • HP ED E231 23"

Server:

• CPU: Intel Xeon 3400 series
  • HDD: 250GB
  • RAM: 4GB (probably more in a short time)
  • RUNNING: ESXi 5.5 atm

Need some other info, just ask :smile:

I Like being messy :smiley:
And i want a second monitor.

Cant take a picture but i have my dresser full of junk. On the right i have my desktop and a speaker, on the left theres another speaker with a ps3, on top of the dresser theres 3 speakers a ps4 another ps3 a macbook plus a 24 inch tv/monitor, and the subwoofer in front.

My big machine…

Lian Li aluminum case
Intel i7-3960X six core CPU
Asus P9X79 Deluxe MB
64 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 660i
3ware SAS/SATA 9750-16i4e RAID controller
2 OCX Vertex3 128GB SSD’s in HW RAID 1
8 WD RE3 500 GB HD’s in HW RAID 6
4 WD 750 GB HD’s in Linux MD software RAID 6

Running OpenSUSE 12.3 native and several Windows VM’s via VMWare Workstation 10.

This machine hosts the five Minecraft servers I run for my family and friends, and also has my development and test environments (hence the need for the 64 GB of RAM).

Jim

1 Like

Why do you need RAID (just wondering never thought about using it in a work PC :smile:)

Reliability. Hard drives fail and I also have all of our music and video archive (about 1.5 TB total) on this machine. RAID 6 allows two hard drives to fail without loss of data. :smile:

Ah, I am using RAID in my NAS but never thought what RAID was :smile: (just clicked the button RAID-1 :stuck_out_tongue:)

Im told I should upgrade, but the old gals still going strong!

6 Likes

Stare in awe, fellas:

1 Like

Loving the aluminum case! Those also look like AR Powered Partners :smiley:

They are. I have had them for probably ten years or more. I have never found a better set of speakers!

Just a Chromebook, I manage my server from it.
For some reason, the forums keep making the picture turn sideways.