What if Forge dies? Or Glowstone?

Since Sponge is built relying on these two things, have they considered what’d happen if Forge stopped development, or Glowstone?

We make like finnegan and begin again. :wink: Now if Minecraft Coder’s Pack dies, then we’re all dead.

1 Like

MC API?

And why so negative? As long code has a good licence its immortal. RIP craftbukkit.

Just want to be able to rely on something in MC for the first time.

Glowstone isn’t based on MCP.

Cool, so we’re fairly well protected by redundancies.

Forge is LexManos’ job, he will not let it die any time soon and I’m sure a trusted member of the community would be offered the job if he has to quit.

Bring back www.Spoutcraft.org , Our client’s concept was always good, just had years of poor implementation.

7 Likes

Over at Bukkit we never relied on MCP. Got along just fine. :slight_smile:

If Forge or Glowstone (or both) die, either the community will solve the issue or Sponge will die.

The Sponge API is written to be platform independent so if any other platform arose, a new implementation of the API could be used without breaking any plugins.

1 Like

Programmers and their love of Boolean values. “We fix it or we don’t” :wink:

6 Likes
if (dead) {
    return;
} else {
    continue();
}

EDIT: Maybe I’m just new to Discourse, but I’m not seeing anything which points out that this post is a reply to @Inscrutable.

So… This is a reply to him.

6 Likes

I have noticed this occurring and I believe it may be if a post is replied to on a mobile device (or at least where I’ve seen it happen).
Edit: Nope. Appears to be broken in general.

It seems to happen if the reply is directly after the post it’s replying to.

Note, that I’m replying to you, @thtredstonegui.

Ah, that might explain it then. (This is replying to your post before the one above this)

Now that that post has a second reply, the first (directly under it) is showing up.

Interesting behavior.

(Replying to your post before your last one)

If the Forge implementation of Sponge dies, another will take its place. Simple.