What is the stupidest law you have ever heard of?

The title says it all. I’ll go first:

If you carry over $10,000 cash, the money has committed a crime and has to be compromised by officials - 'Murica

That one is actually enforced. 2 people’s money committed crime in that way, and the money was stolen by cops.

1 Like

The law of gravity.

5 Likes

The law of motion

The law, that says you have to follow the law.

4 Likes

The belgian GAS- law :stuck_out_tongue:. For example snowball fights in public. 350€ fine. Good that it doesn’t snow much here.

The cucumber law: “A cucumber is a cucumber is a cucumber. But in Europe not every cucumber that looks like a cucumber is a cucumber. At least it is not worth a lot if it does not conform to the measurements stipulated by the EU.”

More: http://www.german-times.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=34

3 Likes

In Denmark,
" Restaurants may not charge for water unless it is accompanied by another item such as ice or a lemon slice. "

1 Like

Dang that water you got there looks pretty fancy. You sure I don’t need to pay?

Not stupid but fits your law:
in germany alcoholic drinks have to be equal or more expensive than the cheapest non-alcoholic drink in restaurants/bars.

It is illegal to congregate in public with two or more people while each wearing a mask or any face covering which disguises your identity.

Not really a law but…

The fact that teachers are able to limit how many times you can go to the bathroom…

inside teacher head- Im going to make this kid’s bladder explode! (that’ll show him next time he forgets to write his name on his homework

2 Likes

My pre-al teacher only allowed 1 pass per term, 2 if you handed out notebooks the previous term. Noone complained.

In England, you can have sex when you are 16 but you can’t watch other people have sex until you are 18.

1 Like

The laws of quantum physics!

I believe Denmark allows sex when they are 14 years old… Maybe 13, I could be wrong.

This isn’t really a single law but a clash with like 5. In wisconsin: fireworks can be sold but only to out of state residents. All the states around wisconsin: posession of fireworks is illegal.

1 Like

The Australian government recently passed an incredibly general amendment to the Copyright Act 1968 which gives the federal court the power to block access to online locations located outside of Australia.

This amendment is not limited to websites but also to any other service(s) that may merely be deemed as “facilitating an infringement of copyright”.

This means the federal government has the power to block access to overseas VPNs because they can be used to bypass geolocation blocks.^ (EG: Accessing services such as Hulu or the US-specific Netflix.)

^: The bill states it must be the online location’s “primary purpose” to infringe.

1 Like

I think we can all agree with this…

The law that allows something called the Terms & Conitions. Not only are they written at a college professor reading level, but they assume you actually read the whole thing.

And then they asked how I possibly lost my computer, house, car, and right to own hair… I hit I agree.