Who Typed The FAQ Like This?

Seriously, the FAQ titles annoy me because they are Written With Every Word Capitalised. At least, in the General Questions section.

Considering capitalizing each word like that is a standard convention in almost all writing environments (in the English language anyways) I would start getting used to it, because you will see that in many many places.

Well they are titles and the most used formatting (that I’ve seen) is the one recommended by the Chicago Manual of Style is as follows:

“Capitalize the first word of the title, the last word of the title, and all nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, subordinating conjunctions, and a few conjunctions. Prepositions are only capitalized if they are used adjectivally or adverbially.”

2 Likes

The Styleguide Rule #1 says so :wink:

1 Like

We had to decide on this early in the development of the Docs. Not everyone loves it, but it was the decision of the original editorial team, with input from lead devs.
One advantage of Title Case is it stands out - which is not so important for the title itself, but very handy when it is used as a reference elsewhere. It is very commonly used on the web, eg. wikipedia.
I realise it looks terrible in some languages, and the Translation teams have permission to tweak formatting to their own standards.