[Discontinued] SpongeJS [1.0] [API 5.X] - Sponge + NodeJS

SpongeJS

I’m currently working on a new project and I wanted to share it with you. As you can see, the project use NodeJS and integrate it to Sponge. This is not a CMS or something like that, I created a bridge between Sponge and NodeJS. It gives the possibility to the web developers to create website and interact easily with Sponge.

How does it works?

To make it possible, I use J2V8. J2V8 is a set of Java bindings for V8. V8 is the JavaScript engine created by Google. J2V8 load its library with V8 and NodeJS built in and use JNI to interact with V8. After this, my plugin start a NodeJS server with some modules that I created to gives you the possibility to interact with Sponge from NodeJS.

SpongeJS-Web

SpongeJS-Web is a web server for SpongeJS. Currently in development. Me and @Keuterio are the devs on this project.

Commands

• /spongejs start - Start your NodeJS server
  • /spongejs stop - Stop your NodeJS server

How to interact with Sponge

Currently, SpongeJS offers 5 globals variables to interact with Sponge.

• commandManager
  • console
  • economyService
  • permissionService
  • spongeServer

Contribute to the project

If you would like to contribute to SpongeJS or SpongeJS-Web, it will be a pleasure to work with you.

##Links

4 Likes

I need to set a flag here !

1 Like

This is something that I will keep my eye on.

SpongeJS 1.0

The first release of SpongeJS is now available. Since the first post, a lot of memory improvements have been made and a lot of new functionnalities have been added.

I also started a new project related to SpongeJS, SpongeJS-Web. This project is developped by me and @Keuterio. SpongeJS-Web will be a website that will use all the functionnalities of SpongeJS.

If you would like to contribute to SpongeJS or SpongeJS-Web, it will be a pleasure to work with you.

##Links

1 Like

So what this is is basically a big fat code injection vulnerability?

Edit: damn it, dead thread

Did you check the code to see how it works before saying that?

I’m not saying that the code itself is vulnerable, I’m saying that just the concept seems kind of vulnerable in of itself. Unless I read something wrong, then shame on me.

If you don’t protect your NodeJS server you will have vulnerabilities to hack your server like any other web server. This project only add variables in the V8 environment to create a link between Sponge and NodeJS.

Okay, I thought the intention was to allow scripting or something via the web. My mistake! Cool project, love nJS

1 Like