[Discontinued] SpongyChest [v0.4.8] - Player Shops

SpongyChest Build Status

SpongyChest is a plugin that utilizes Chests to make in-game item shops for players to sell items to each other! This plugin requires an economy plugin to work correctly!

Downloads

You can head over to the GitHub page to grab the latest build of SpongyChest here.

GitHub Repository

If you’d like to check out the code, you can do so here.

Commands

/spongychest - Main command of plugin, it will return the version installed.
/spongychest setshop <price> - After using this command while holding exactly what you 
want to sell, you right click a chest to create a shop.

Permissions

spongychest.command - Access to /spongychest
spongychest.setshop.command - Access to /spongychest setshop
spongychest.shop.create - Access to create SpongyChest shops.
spongychest.shop.destroy - Access to destroy SpongyChest shops.

Usage Tutorial

Example

Support Me

If you’d like to support me, you can do so here.

9 Likes

Love the plugin! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I second that. keep it up! :smile:
Your update count and speed is insane too.

2 Likes

Haha thanks a lot both of you :smiley:

1 Like

I would advise renaming the project so as not to conflict with the original ChestShop, should the owner decide to port it to Sponge.

On another note, it looks good :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

1 Like

The owner of ChestShop already confirmed he is working on a port. I would recommend a rename for sure.

2 Likes

Will rename it in a minute.

EDIT: Renamed

2 Likes

Nice plugin. I might contribute to this plugin some time in the future!
Also, the GitHub repository doesn’t have pom.xml/gradle settings added. You might also want to create a .gitignore file. If you need help, feel free to ask me. :slight_smile:

Yes, I know. :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve added it - sorry it took so long.

1 Like

Release v0.2e

Tested on SpongeForge 880

This release brings bug fixes as well as compatibility with SpongeForge 880.

1 Like

A quick update…

As you may know, this plugin has been WIP because of the lack of an InventoryAPI. However, as you may now know, InventoryAPI was merged. I am currently updating this plugin to use the EconomyService, and InventoryAPI, as well as making the ability to support meta. Please bear with me as this is a lot of work to do, and I am limited in time. :smile:

1 Like

Nice job! Thanks!

2 Likes

Any word on this WIP?

Yep, planning on getting to work on it today. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Release v0.3

Tested on SpongeForge 1094

Changes:

This release updates to use the Economy service, use the InventoryAPI, and support metadata.

Note: Although this plugin is nearly complete, Sponge’s InventoryAPI is not completed, and thus this plugin does NOT work.

1 Like

Is this plugin going to be fully released soon?

1 Like

I believe the InventoryAPI does not allow for the plugin to work. Once/if it does, SpongyChest will be moved out of WIP, as it should work perfectly fine.

What do you think about possibility to create purchase shops (?)
I mean, players can create place, where they can also sell their items directly to “shop” owner (but - of course - shop that sells item can’t be combined with buying back them, because some players just want to sell items, and other may want to only buy).
I don’t know if it’s already implemented in any previous Bukkit plugins, this is just my loose idea.

It’s a good idea. When InventoryAPI allows me to access chest inventories, I’ll look into it. :slight_smile:

When InventoryAPI allows me to access chest inventories

I just get an idea - do you can write ugly hack to get chest inventory? If yes, you can throw items from sign like dispenser or player’s Q key - it can be workaround while player inventory API is not ready.

Of course, if InvAPI will be released in short time this workaround isn’t worth time, but in other case…