WorldEdit for SpongeAPI

I suspect you have more than just WorldEdit in there. Fast Async World Edit (FAWE) can introduce it’s own errors, and it might be worth reporting on that thread too.

2 Likes

I am having trouble getting the blocks from pixelmon to work with the worldedit on my server, Can someone help me?

This is extremely vague. What have you tried, and what specifically has not worked?

oh,download so slowly :joy: but the plugin is geart.I will wait fot it until it’s download be OK.

Who can give me a faster and lastest version of 1.10.2 download link?

You should try Fast Async World Edit :wink:

1 Like

The latest I can find for Minecraft 1.10.2 sponge/forge
Async WorldEdit says it works on 1.10.x, though I have not tested it.

@sk89q
I’m wondering why WorldEdit is still using Item ID numbers (`navigation-wand { item=345 }" as an example) instead of the item name (“item=minecraft:compass”)

Maybe I should ping @me4502 or @wizjany on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The item identifiers are part of WorldEdit-Core, this needs to be compatible with Spigot, Sponge, and Forge. Spigot does not expose the proper item names, so therefore they can’t be supported in WorldEdit without a major rewrite.

So what you’re saying is that, to support a dead platform, modded servers must suffer through using numerical IDs that change when editing using WE?

Minecraft switched from item numbers to item names at version 1.7 according to the wiki

Block/Item IDs
Can be referred to by their names, instead of numbers in commands.
Will be the only option in the future.
Necessary for the Plugin API.

If there has been no progress to the code since then, it’s time to move on to platforms that are up to date.

Unless, of course, you wished to keep compatibility with the majority of servers.

I’m guessing majority of servers are using spigot.

Why are they using Spigot?
Is it because Spigot has been around long enough to have accumulated a vast array of mods/plugins?

What is stopping developers from making the same things on the Sponge platform?
Besides the few parts that are still under development (inventory api?), I don’t see why most spigot developers can’t port their creations to a more updated platform. Several of the things found on spigot already have a sponge version (bungeecord and plotsquared as two examples)

With the major base of spigot on a perpetual DMCA take-down, I can’t imagine development has progressed much since the conception of Sponge.

I could be seriously mistaken on what I think/know about it since I don’t use that platform. It might not be as simple as I assume to port things over from Spigot.

• Yes, it’s because Spigot has an obscene number of mods and plugins. It’s been around since forever.
  • Nothing is stopping them from “making the same things”. They just don’t know or don’t care. But “porting” is harder, because Sponge and Bukkit are very different APIs, and it requires learning Sponge, and usually leads to silly code like numerical item IDs in a Sponge plugin.
  • Updated platform is a relative term. The important bit here is ‘different’. See xkcd/927
  • A server owner will likely not switch until there is a good reason to, and until all of the plugins they use have Sponge equivalents.
  • The major base of Spigot is not on a perpetual DMCA takedown. The distribution of Spigot is not illegal at all because users compile it on their own machines. They have frequent updates, and the API technically supports current Minecraft features.

That’s not quite correct. The compiled .jar file can’t be distributed without potentially breaching the DMCA. So what is distributed instead is the build system, so that users can DIY.

I’d also like to point out that this is drifting far off topic. There are better places for such discussions.

I just pushed 1.12 support, as well as support for minecraft:stone type block names. The way it’s working is that it receives minecraft:stone, then converts it to the ID of 1 before sending it to WE-Core.

1 Like

Thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/worldedit

1 Like

That link is for the Forge native version. If you want the Sponge version, follow the link in the OP.

1 Like

How do I use the //set command? I cannot use item ID numbers. I am trying to use modded blocks (chisel) and no matter what variation of the block I type in it does not work and it does not recognize it. Anyone able to assist me with this?

Block I am trying to use is Trodden Concrete
Commands I have tried:

//set chisel:concrete_green1
//set 4345:15

Neither of those commands worked. Any help would be great as I really don’t want to have to use vanilla blocks and have to place each block one at a time otherwise this will take me a lifetime.