You Know You Are A Developer When

If they ask when that is, you just reply: Soon™

You know when you are a developer when you don’t forget to put ; at the end of a line of java

You know you’re a developer when you write an entire program to faciliate ONE of your ideas.

2 Likes

You know you’re a developer when you end your sentences with ;.

2 Likes

You know you are a developer when you hear or read an idea someone has and have a working prototype of it within an hour;

4 Likes

That moment when you make a program for one thing, but in the end, end up making it do a ton of different things.

Yep, I know that situation;

You know you are a developer when you find yourself awake at 4:30 am coding when you have to be awake at 6:00 am.

4 Likes

You know you are a developer when you find learning new languages is fun(like python)

2 Likes

No, I refuse to believe in humans that couldn’t have fun with python; development experience is not needed, only helpful.

1 Like

When you spend 3 days fixing a bug you could have fixed in 3 seconds…

5 Likes

You know you’re a developer when you spend more time in front of your computer than fighting the bad guys in the Matrix. a little reminder that hackers don’t go around fighting and coding. We just sit at our desks with the air conditioning on. <I finally closed the tags! Woo!>

1 Like

You know you are a developer when by the time you have set up source control for a project, continuous integration, decided on a platform, developed, tested, debugged and released the final product you have exceeded the time you would save by having this project by ten fold.

4 Likes

You know you are a developer when writing a script to automate a task is easier than doing the task youself.

Also, you know you are a developer when a terminal is the only thing you need to get on the internet.

4 Likes

You know your a developer when writing a script is harder then the task you want to automate is

3 Likes
4 Likes

You know you’re a developer when you use your text editor more than other software.

#2 <bonus!>
You know you’re a developer when you have people using your software more than you do.

6 Likes

You know you’re a developer when you average 50 commits a day.

You know you’re a developer when 49 of those commits are to fix annoying bugs in your first commit.

13 Likes

right in the feels