Is the Sponge release date known?

I was just wondering if the release date for the Sponge server API is known?

Thanks.

I don’t think so, otherwise there would be a lot of threads about it on the forums :smile:

Thanks for the quick reply! :smiley:

You would probably find out like @knagieknagger said, as it would be posted on the forums and announced on the official twitter

Don’t ask for an ETA for a major API that was just birthed a week ago. Stuff at this scale takes a lot of time and effort to put together. I don’t think it’s even possible to provide a realistic ETA for a working release candidate.

1 Like

Don’t ask for an ETA for a major API that was just birthed a week ago. Stuff at this scale takes a lot of time and effort to put together. I don’t think it’s even possible to provide a realistic ETA for a working release candidate.

People these days, so impatient :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok. thanks @DarkArcana!

1 Like

Being that Sponge has only just started works, it will be awhile.

• TangentSpy

codename_B was answering people on Ask.fm saying at least a month.

It’ll take more or less round about that time for that to sink in. Our problem right now isnt that we dont have enough people, we are getting flooded with code. But our problem is not getting relevant code and a lot of duplicated code. Me thinks we need to have development goals that can be reached per week or some sort of system which points developers in the right way. @sk89q thoughts?

We are working on a system to manage our goals currently, it shall be released to the public in due course. :wink:

2 Likes