Small Status Update - 10 October, 2014

Why is there no activity in the artemis repo?

I’m not too involved with the Entity Component System, but from what I can tell it is still in planning. Due to it being completely different to the way Minecraft works, compatibility with updates and mods is a concern.

@Grum thanks for joining the sponge community!

Thanks for the update mate.

Thanks, I was looking for the global pin, but I must’ve missed it when pinning originally. I assumed you could global pin after pinning.

Is sk89q still only one looking dev applications? I (and many others, probably) are waiting for response. But if he’s only one who’s looking applications, its very big task which will last long.

So… Can I ask how many applications you have readed already, and how many people is working with them?

Thanks for the frequent updates. As a server owner it’s really great to be able to check in and see what the progress is (so that I have an answer for the bazillion questions the kids on my server have each day).

That’s a good question. Maybe they are just doing concept work. But I’m sure we can count on them :wink:

Have developers been contacted in response to the API developer forum?

Sorry about the lack of updates on the API developer form. I read through a substantial amount of them and sorted them out but didn’t get a chance to send off any letters yet.

This is slowly coming together. I can’t wait for it to be finished!

Update: We aim to have the API itself ready for developers to work on plugins in November. The official Forge-based implementation has no ETA at this time.

8 Likes

So we can start porting but can’t test it right? I will need to get into unit tests…

Correct, the implementation will be needed before you can run tests/use plugins, but you should be able to begin porting to our API in November.

I already have an implementation of the current API made, that I do plan on releasing very soon. However, the API is most likely going to change considerably by November.

Yay can’t wait to see the results of a first working build, eventually :smiley:
May sound weird but I’m kinda glad were slowing down lately through my final exam period so I don’t really miss out much :wink:

Keep up the good work sponge team thumbs up

1 Like

If you could release it in november for testing it would be great

This is actually why I kind of don’t support the fact that Sponge is built on top of Forge. Updating will just takes ages everytime Minecraft updates. That is not a sustainable solution for most servers. In my opinion, the focus should first lie on a direct implementation, and only then we should start worrying about Forge mods.

4 Likes