1.12.2 SpongeForge server won't start

I’m downloading the server, I’ll get back to you in around 20 minutes.
If the server starts normally while on my computer, I will need to get in touch with my host right?

Probably yeah. Sorry to say

It’s not a problem, don’t worry :wink:
They are usually pretty responsive

Java fixer is installed directly on my server.
I’ve gotten the same error when starting it on my computer:
[14:38:48] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker net.minecraftforge.lex.legacyjavafixer.LegacyJavaFixer from legacyjavafixer-1.0.jar

:man_facepalming: It was actually in my mods folder…
I don’t know how I managed to miss it x)
sorry

I’ve removed it but it’s being created every time I start the server

Legacyjavafixer is not created whenever I start the server locally, does that means that it’s my host that is automaticly installing it?

There is a chance that your server host is adding it. It maybe that a mod is thinking its required on your server hosts environment (maybe they use a older java update of 8)?

Is it being added automaticly to your local server? If its not then does the server boot?

No but it seems to be because SpongeForge needs a newer version of mixin is required:

[14:46:05] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: //
[14:46:05] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: /
Old Mixin Version Loaded! /
/
[14:46:05] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: /* Hey, sorry, but Sponge requires a newer version of Mixin being loaded, and unfortunately /
with an older version, nothing will work as it should. Please rename the sponge jar to load /
earlier than other coremods, so that Sponge’s Mixin version will be loaded (they’re backwards /
compatible, but not forwards compatible). We suggest doing this by prefixing the Sponge jar /
filename with “aaa”. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but this is all that we can do. /
/
Current Loaded Mixin : 0.7.11 /
Required Mixin Version : 0.8 /
************************************************************************************************/

Old mixin error. The fix is actually simple, change the name of sponge.jar to aaasponge.jar (start with aaa) as this makes sponge load its newer mixins before the older mixins load

[14:46:05] [main/FATAL] [Sponge]: / filename with “aaa”. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but this is all that we can do.

it still crashes:

Just seen your forge and sponge versions

Forge: forge-1.12.2-14.23.3.2655-universal.jar
Sponge: aaaspongeforge-1.12.2-2838-7.1.10.jar:1.12.2-2838-7.1.10

Your sponge edition is way newer then the forge version your using. To fix this either use a older version of sponge that is compatible with forge 2655 or upgrade your forge (the latter is recommended but that isnt always possible).

This is the newest sponge forge for your forge edition. Its really old and sponge has made a lot of improvements since then. So i would highly recommend updating your forge.

https://repo.spongepowered.org/maven/org/spongepowered/spongeforge/1.12.2-2655-7.1.0-BETA-3105/spongeforge-1.12.2-2655-7.1.0-BETA-3105.jar

I’ve upgraded forge to the latest version (2847) but it is still crashing:

latest.log

crash report

The crash report is saying IC2 is failing. Did you just update forge and not the mods? To update your forge you need to update all mods to a compatible forge edition

Do I need to update all of them? Because some of them are not updated anymore

Only the ones that are incompatible with newer forge versions. Some mods dont require too much from minecraft or hacks into forge so they wont need updating.

How can I tell wich ones needs updating?

I’ve tried starting the server with the old version of forge and the Spongeforge you sent to me but it has crashed again.
log:

Sorry had to do a job. This is the error

mixin config mixins.sgcraft.json requires mixin subsystem version 0.7.10

Try loading sgcraft first by renaming it to aaasgcraft

Edit:

Looking at the common issues in sgcraft may answer the question of what’s going on.

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/stargate-network