1.12.2 SpongeForge server won't start

Hello.
I’ve tried to install spongeforge on my modded minecraft server but the server keeps crashing at launch without creating any sort of log file what’s however!

The server is hosted on boxtoplay.com.

Here is a list of all the 36 mods that are running:

Advanced+Solar+Panels-4.3.0.jar
Baubles-1.12-1.5.2.jar
BiblioCraft-Mod-1.12.2.jar
Botania-Mod-1.12.2.jar
BuildCraft-Mod-1.12.2.jar
Chameleon-1.12-4.1.3.jar
CodeChickenLib-1.12.2-3.2.3.358-universal.jar
CoFHCore-1.12.2-4.6.3.27-universal.jar
CoFHWorld-1.12.2-1.3.1.7-universal.jar
GalacticraftCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.244.jar
Galacticraft-Planets-1.12.2-4.0.2.244.jar
iChunUtil-1.12.2-7.2.2.jar
Industrial-Craft-2-Mod-Experimental-1.12.2.jar
InventoryTweaks-1.63.jar
Iron-Chests-Mod-1.12.2.jar
“just enough items_1.12.2-4.15.0.283.jar”
Mantle-1.12-1.3.3.55.jar
mcjtylib-1.12-3.5.4.jar
Mekanism-1.12.2-9.8.3.390.jar
MicdoodleCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.244.jar
Modular-Powersuits-Mod-1.12.2.jar
Morph-1.12.2-7.1.3.jar
Numina-Mod-1.12.2.jar
OpenComputers-MC1.12.2-1.7.5.192.jar
OptiFine_1.12.2_HD_U_F5_MOD.jar
RedstoneFlux-1.12-2.1.0.6-universal.jar
rftools-1.12-7.73.jar
rftoolsctrl-1.12-2.0.2.jar
rftoolsdim-1.12-5.71.jar
SGCraft-2.0.3.jar
Storage-Drawers-Mod-1.12.2.jar
ThermalDynamics-1.12.2-2.5.5.21-universal.jar
Thermal-Expansion-Mod-1.12.2.jar
ThermalFoundation-1.12.2-2.6.3.27-universal.jar
Tinkers-Construct-Mod-1.12.2.jar
twilightforest-1.12.2-3.10.1013-universal.jar

I sincerely hope that you will be able to help me,
Baptiste.

Its hard to tell whats going wrong without a crash log.

I do know that OpenComputers mod has issues with sponge. You can look at the issue on their github.

Thanks for the quick reply! :wink:

I’ve tried to start the server without open computers and then with no mods at all but the problem persists.

I’ll be pleased to provide you with any information you need, if you wish to help me

As mentioned in my previous comment. A log (containing the crash) would be useful to know what is going wrong here.

If you upload it by paste.org that would be great.

unfortunately, the servers fails to create any log or crash report.

Are you able to download your sever to your pc and launch it there? Assuming your on a Windows PC make sure you have “pause” at the end of the boot script and then launch the server. Then take a print screen of the crash and upload it so we can see it.

If there is no debug.log file in the logs folder being generated, It sounds like you need to talk to your host.

Usually that is a symptom of their not being enough memory on the server or something else failing like an incorrect Java.

You don’t want that in the server either. It’s a client-only mod.

Thx for pointing that out to me @Inscrutable , I thought I had removed all client only mods from the server but I guess I’ve forgoten this one ¯_(ツ)_/¯ .

I’ll try launching my server on my pc @MoseMister

Just out of curiosity. What is this report? Like a crash report? If so, that would be good to see.

It is a crash report but it was created before I first tried to install spongeforge

I finally managed to get a log file @MoseMister!

debug.log:

latest.log:

The crash seems to be coming from a mod called LegacyJavaFixer. Seems to be a Jar that you didnt list.

[13:25:50] [main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker net.minecraftforge.lex.legacyjavafixer.LegacyJavaFixer from legacyjavafixer-1.0.jar

What are you using LegacyJavaFixer for? Based on the description its not needed as its for Java 8 update 20 and older forge editions

I have never installed javafixer… It wasn’t in my mods folder, that’s why I didn’t include it in my post.
It may have been included with another mod.

I’ve tried to remove it but I can’t find it

That is interesting. I think your right that another mod is applying it. Just to rule out another possibility. Whats your launch script? Is it a typical one that launches forge first? Or are you launching something else that launch forge?

I won’t be able to help you on that one, the starting of the server is handeled by the hoster.
I only need to hit “start” :confused:
Indeed, I don’t have access to the starting script

I meant on your local copy. But if you want i could create a small script that searches your local copy of your server to attempt to find what mod/jar is applying it?

I haven’t tried launching a local copy as it has generated a log when I tried to start my server one last time.
I’ll try doing it but it might take a while to download the server

Ah ok. Because the log came from your server host, the server host maybe applying the mod to your server. Just another possibility. If that is the case then you may want to look at the server host and see if they are willing to make it so it doesn’t get applied, maybe a config option provided by your host?