A Name and Lore Plugin Request

Hello developers of the far-fetched regions of this internet!

I have come here with a request in mind. You see, I plan to move my home (or in any normal person’s tongue that would be a server), to Sponge for Minecraft 1.12.2. You see, I’m moving from Cauldron 1.7.10 (I can already imagine the people readying their pitchforks for using such a thing ^^"). But indeed, since it’s a roleplay/survival server, the lore and writings portions are pretty important.

Now where this all comes together is that there seems to be a specific plugin that i cannot, despite my efforts, find an equivalent/alternative to for Sponge Snapshot 7.1.0 (or the Sponge releases at all for that matter). gasp I know! Another plugin problem!

Moving onward, the plugin I had used was SimpleRename for Bukkit but it does also have a version for Spigot.

[Links]
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/simple-rename
https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/simple-rename.16220/

I quite need the rename and lore functions for my server you see… If anyone would be willing to help me, I would be truly grateful. ^^ Thanks for reading this anyway even if you can’t help me, it is nonetheless much obliged.

2 Likes

There is no judgement here for using Cauldron, yes its buggy but one out of the many bukkit limits is that it could only run on Vanilla Minecraft, so it was your only option for running mods with plugins at the time.

I am currently updating all my bukkit plugins to 1.13 but if no one has stepped up then I will to create this plugin.

I only have 1 plugin to update, but its a big one that really hates 1.13 atm (it was designed on the fact that the bukkit api wouldn’t change that much and has a lot of work arounds for the limited bukkit api without using NMS … But thats beside the point)

Thanks for the understanding on the end of Cauldron, Mister Mose. ^^ (I can feel you hurting on the inside for how I’ve morphed your name there).

Your offer is very kind, especially considering how you seem to be busy updating your own plugins. I’ve actually taken a look at them and I do quite like the ships one to be honest, to the point I will probably use it on the new server I was rambling on about earlier. :grin:

I would happily take you up on your offer if, as you said, no-one else shows. Thanks all the more though for going out of your way to even reply. I’ll myself stop there but I am overjoyed that someone offered their skills so quickly.

So one last time, thank you.

My name like that is very cring worthy. But oh well. As for Ships. The Sponge edition of Ships is based on a unstable version, so i wouldn’t recommend using it unless for testing or showing off but im not going to stop you.

Ill talk details about this plugin ill make for you when I have finished updating the Bukkit editon of Ships

2 Likes

Nucleus does it (though I imagine you perhaps want something a little more flexible):

https://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/item.html

2 Likes

An unstable version, hmm? If the author’s saying as much, then I imagine it would be best to just try it out and have some with it for little while (I may as well mess around and have some fun if it is unstable :smile:)

As for the plugin, indeed. I am looking for something that would be a bit more extensive. As usual, thanks for going out of your way to help me on this, I really do appreciate it.

Just a clarification for those who might eventually code this plugin. Nucleus does provide item and lore setting functions but does not let the user change a book’s author, unsign books for editing again or add glowing effects for example, at least as far as I know.

Again, thank you to anyone who is even considering this, especially Mister Mose who has went out of their way to show interest at least.

I have a question to note that seems relevant. I have realized that there is a difference between 1.7.10 and 1.12.2 (occurring sometime in-between them, likely in 1.8) that confused me and after some Google searching left me a key question (Google is so very convenient for just typing in errors sometimes :smile:)

Anyway, a book that I tried to set the title of using Nucleus using /itemname seems to have come up with an ‘Invalid book tag’ error, which after searching for a while I realized was due to the length of its name (27) characters to be precise which seems to be above a limit of 16. From what I read it seems to be something to do with a switch from being stored as plain text to json, but I’m not 100% sure.

Getting to the point… Is there anyway to create a plugin that would fix the error and allow for book titles to reach 32 characters, or is that way out of the realm of plugins? I’m not a Sponge developer (hence the plugin request threat to begin with) so forgive me if I seem to be saying something outrageous here. I’m just unsure if this is something I can bypass in some way at all since most search result seem to be related to something to do with Spigot or explanations that there’s a length limit. Thanks for any help in advance.

Note to Self: Looking back at the number of replies I’ve made to my own thread consecutively is kind of depressing now I think about it, haha. :sweat_smile:

So I have started developing this plugin when i get bord (so about half a hour every 2-3 days) and for the most part its working so far. There are a few bugs here and there. But the feature you wanted, being able to change a signed book back to a writable book. There is a issue on sponges side.

So need to wait for this to be sorted.

Good news indeed! I mean, maybe not the issue part but it’s great that the plugin is in development at least. The issue that you posted there seems to be from 2016 which is a bit worrying :sweat_smile: but I can appreciate the work nonetheless. Something’s always better than nothing. Here’s to it getting fixed soon, huh ^^

Good news.

Work has been done to help out. This is some code that will allow me to grab the unformmated version of the pages on the book. You can follow it here.