A Problem With SpongeForge!

Do i need to paste what it says in my clients gameoutput? is that what you’re asking

Edited: Oh wait, I think I know what you mean. The way I start my server is going to my server’s folder and double-clicking the Forge 1.8.9-Server.jar file. That’s the only way I know how to open/start forge servers. As for the .bat file, I know how to setup at .bat file for plugin servers such as bukkit and spigot, but not for forge servers.

create a blank text file called start.bat and add something like this…assuming forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1808-universal is the name of the forge jar file

java -Xms2G -Xmx2G -jar forge-1.8.9-11.15.1.1808-universal.jar nogui
pause

I’d also like to see a screenshot of the root of your server directory, just to see whats going on.

Where is the root of my server’s directory?
Edited: It gave me this error:

How much ram does your machine have?
Try replacing -Xms2G -Xmx2G with -Xms1G -Xmx1G

Where 2G means 2 gigabytes of RAM and 1G equals 1 gigabyte. If you have less than 1gb of free memory, then this machine probably won’t run a minecraft server very well :wink:

well i have 335 Gb of 445 gb free on harddrive plus about 1 tb free space on external harddrive

That is not RAM, modern computers usually have around 4-32GB of RAM.

well excuse me but im not a techno genius

Attitude solves nothing. He gave you a simple explanation. No offense but that’s pretty basic stuff.

1 Like

Well how do I find out my ram then?
Edited: Nvm i found it. It says i have 4 gb ram installed.

Still it looks like there isn’t enough free ram available to start the server with 2 gigabytes of ram allocated.

Now you can:
a) lower the amount of ram the server allocated (look at my older post)
or
b) try to free more ram by for ex. closing other unnecessary programs

figured it out on my own.

What should be in the .minecraft/mods folder?
If I want to use the bibliocraft mod, sould I only add it to .minecraft/mods or also to the server/mods folder?

Why is not neccesary to put the spongeforge jar inside .minecraft/mods ?

thanks in advance

You don’t need to have SpongeForge on the client (ie. in .minecraft/mods) to join a Sponge server. You do have to have the same Forge version and mods as the server (such as bibliocraft), if it has Forge client mods.

If you do have SpongeForge on the client, it should still work the same. It also means you can play single player and still use plugins, if you wanted to - or use them in a LAN server. HTH.

1 Like

Thanks’ for the clarification. I’m trying to understand this message from the server console:

[22:55:00] [Netty Server IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Client attempting to join with 10 mods : [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]
[22:55:00] [Netty Server IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [spongeapi, sponge, helpme, pjp, pjw, worldedit] at CLIENT
[22:55:00] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: [Server thread] Server side modded connection established

That’s normal. It’s discovered you don’t have the Sponge server plugins on the client - and it doesn’t care, it let you join anyway. You can safely ignore it.

1 Like