[Abandoned] šŸ”‘ PermissionManager [v3.0.1] [API 5.X] A simple and easy permission plugin

Is there a way to edit the groups/users without being in-game? I have console access to our server, and used to be able to see groups and users in separate folders. However, since updating, everything is stored in database.mv.db file, and I cannot find a way to access it. I have to add a lot of permissions to several groups, and it would be easier to just copy and paste, rather than trying to add each individually.

@floomat Iā€™ve been thinking about switching to LuckPerms, the devā€™s are more active and it is widely recommended by server owners/ admins.

1 Like

Yep, most peeps that are in 1.10.2 and above are using LuckPerms. I could not ā€¦ as the EDU server that we are building needs to run in 1.8.9 to accommodate the 'old ComputerCraftEDU mod. Very happy that this is back in the mix and hoping to add Grief Prevention now! Our server is set to launch on Canada Day (July 1st) and is in celebration of our 150 year birthday (of sorts). Hoping that we see LOTS of participation from teachers and students around the world!
: )
Anna

Hi guys, iā€™m new in here, i never managed a server with plugins, and i have an serious problem !
I canā€™t add prefix, with permissionmanager, the prefix dosenā€™t appear when i add it ! I have install Nucleus, too and a plug-in named MMC because itā€™s easy to use, but itā€™s not really an alternative because i canā€™t set a default prefix !

Thanks for the time you have spend on my post !

(Sry for my english, iā€™m a french guy !)

Use /pm groups <group> set option prefix <prefix> to set a prefix. for <group> use your default group. I do recommend you use LuckPerms over Permissions Manager though.

Yeah i have already tested that but itā€™s dosenā€™t work, itā€™s dosenā€™t show my prefix ! And okey i will try LuckPerms instead of PM.

Hello, i am using permissionManager-2.5.1-API-5.X-6.X and i a curious if there is a way to remove old player names from the user list. I tried deleting their player files from the folder but that doesnt seem to work. Is there another location this information is stored? Any help is greatly appreciated.

The players displayed on this list are from the Sponge API and I donā€™t know where they are taking their list.

How can I simply create a group like VIP. Iā€™m a bit confused of the whole promotion thing and just want a new group which can just be assigned by me. Simple question but Iā€™m obviously to stupid for this command.

/pm groups VIP create I think it is, but if you just do /pm in game and go to groups you can create and edit it from there.

Okay, so I somehow totally missed that I didnā€™t update PM from v2.6.0, so I tried to do it today so I could migrate to LuckPerms but when I updated none of my permissions worked.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned in the v3.0.0 Release that the Databases changed, I successfully converted the database and Migrated to LuckPerms.

I want to know if this project is still active? And have you upgrade it to run with the latest version of spongot?

@LC_Games I switched to LuckPerms because is it mostly inactive.

1 Like

server version : 1.12.2
spongevanilla-1.12.2-7.0.0-BETA-357.jar

[01:15:00 INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0 (world)
[01:15:02 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 0%
[01:15:03 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 21%
[01:15:04 INFO]: Preparing spawn area: 50%
[01:15:04 INFO] [Sponge]: Loading world [world] (overworld)
[01:15:05 INFO]: Loaded 488 advancements
[01:15:05 INFO] [Sponge]: Loading world [DIM-1] (the_nether)
[01:15:05 INFO]: Loaded 488 advancements
[01:15:05 INFO] [Sponge]: Loading world [DIM1] (the_end)
[01:15:05 INFO]: Preparing start region for level 0 (world)
[01:15:05 ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.sponge.models.subjects.SpongeSubjectData.setPermission(Ljava/util/Set;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/spongepowered/api/util/Tristate;)Ljava/util/concurrent/CompletableFuture;
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.registerDefaultPermissions(SourceFile:1131) ~[dh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.registerCommandsList(SourceFile:1142) ~[dh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.registerLowPriorityCommands(SourceFile:1148) ~[dh.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.server.SpongeVanilla.onServerStarting(SpongeVanilla.java:169) ~[SpongeVanilla.class:1.12.2-7.0.0-BETA-357]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.handler$callServerStarting$zop000(SourceFile:1258) ~[nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(SourceFile:233) ~[nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:434) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_151]
[01:15:05 ERROR]: This crash report has been saved to: /mnt/minecraft-sponge-server/./crash-reports/crash-2017-11-28_01.15.05-server.txt
[01:15:05 INFO]: Stopping server
[01:15:05 INFO]: Saving players
[01:15:05 INFO]: Saving worlds

I do not know what caused it

This plugin is not compatible with API7.0 API7.0 is pre-release snapshots of SpongeAPI and can change under plugins.

Some authors update for snapshots, some donā€™t.

How do you add and take rules to groups

github release 404

This plugin has been abandoned, LuckPerms is what everyone is using now. I highly recommend it.

~ Alice

This plugin appears abandoned, as shown by the dead links.

To the plugin author: If you wish to continue this plugin, please create a project on Ore for it instead.

Thread closed.