About default messages and commands

As I want to tweak everything on my server exactly how I want it, e.g. tweaking and translating every message into different languages… i noticed some issues:

1. There are some messages, that are hardly to change. Like the "Command not found!" message or "You don't have permission to execute this command!" or similar.
    To change them, i need to listen to the CommandEvent, search through all aliases in the CommandManager and check if there is one? And if not, cancel the event and send my own message? (This Topic is addressing this as well)

2. There are some standard commands like /sponge or /? or /tell i think, that don’t have any permission set. /sponge for example only checks permission on its sub command. That means it is a tab-complete suggestion even for normal players :confused:

3. I think commands like /trigger, /page, /pagination or /callback should be excluded from autocomplete suggestions.

Those of course are all very little issues, but maybe they could be improved at some point :grin:

1 Like

There was plans to make translations easier for plugins, but I think this is a separate usecase.

I also ran into this issue when I wanted to redirect messages that would normally enter system or chat to the action bar. It would be good if it was not possible for a plugin to send a CommandSource a message, without an event being thrown.