About SpongePowered

Trust Sponge. Sponge makes Sandwiches.

4 Likes

Someone also said you guys are releasing Sponge in November, tomarrow is November 1st.

I can’t wait untill this nightmare is over. By the way, this was supposed to be my first and last post. Just so you know.

Someone? Well that was in an official post. But now I see where you get all the wrong information.
Please read more carefully and make use of common sense.

They stated that they’d try to release the API in November.
API != Whole Sponge
November != 1/11

Whilst Sponge isn’t taking over Forge, etc… Why are you acting like that happening would be equivalent to Google buying out every company that exists?

1 Like
Thats why I said magic launcher is not exactly a mod loader. I don't trust a word you people are saying, but minecraft is just falling apart right now. Notch quit mojang, Dinnerbone lied about updating bukkit to 1.8 himself, and many more - it looks like minecraft is falling apart. By the way, I'm not replying to anything else.

You’ve never actually said what your problem with us is, we’re the ones trying to keep the Minecraft Server community alive. Is your problem with us or with Minecraft itself?

Dinnerbone didn’t lie, he was planning on updating it before legal issues hit Bukkit.

3 Likes

Guys, I can’t even.

2 Likes

Okay, thought you guys were trying to take over, but you were trying to help, deactivate my account, please.

Not being negitive anymore, or anything, but, Mojang’s ELUA, here it is right here :

https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

Read line 16 and 17… That means Sponge can’t run, either…

EDIT : Didn’t read the whole thing.

There is absolutely nothing in the EULA preventing Sponge from working or being a production server. Oh and for the record, Grum and Searge (Mojang employees) sit in our staff development channels. That’s not necessarily endorsement (they can do whatever they want), but it also helps to spell out that the project is feasible. Why waste time on something that isn’t “legal”?

Get your facts straight before you start a smear campaign. Do you really think that you found the one little issue that hundreds of people who combed through legalese didn’t find? Take your fear mongering somewhere else.

1 Like

Okay, I didn’t know that, but just delete this account. Again, now I’m on your guys’ side. I’m just asking for my account to be removed because it has no use to me anymore.

Also, where can I get the Sponge API for 1.8? Forge 1.8 was released.

Okay, since none of you will do it, how do I delete my account?

Get your facts strait, I said I was on your side now, yet look what you’re still doing.

Tip for API : If you want it to run on all versions, make it so it will change item and block IDs if there is a conflict, so like if there was a 1.6 mod, it might have conflict in a later version, because it will have conflict with new block and item IDs.

I just realised that like two months ago, I’m on your side, could you please just delete my account like I asked or at least tell me how I can? Gosh.

Look above this reply.

Making the API/Implementation compatible with multiple MC versions isn’t as simple as you think. First, it depends entirely on what the API is implemented on. Another note, we can’t delete your account.

I know. I was giving a suggestion not disagreeing that your API should exist. Could you just try to understand that I’m on your side now? I was giving a suggestion that you should make it so mod/plugin items should change there ID if there was a conflict so it wouldn’t make conflict with new vanilla items. I never said it was simple, did I? No, I didn’t I was giving a suggestion on how to make it a tiny little bit easier. God, you guys are bad at realizing I’m on your side.

EDIT : Wait a minute, you guys mean people in different versions will be able to be all on one server? I didn’t know you meant that, I thought that you meant the mods/plugins would be able to run on all versions, not the API! Or did you mean all of that? Now I’m confused.

Just, nevermind, I’m excited for the Sponge API to come out now, not trying to prevent it.
And I’m not saying you guys are bad programmers, either. I just was giving a suggestion.