ActionBroadcaster [v0.5] for Sponge 5 and 6 - Message broadcasting

Does the Download link just take you to the first version of this plugin? It seems to crash my server and upon looking it just says v0.1

2 Likes

@JesseWayne21

Go here:

1 Like

Ah thanks guys!

Yes that is possible by resending the same message again. I’ll implement it now.

EDIT: Added

I should have changed that link earlier. Sorry for that.

does this work on Sponge API 4.0?

yes it does. It is compiled against Sponge 4.1.

Can you also add a function for this to broadcast in the chat? :relaxed: of course with the choice to disable and enable it as well.

Maybe you mean '/ab broadcast ’ It broadcasts the message to all players and you can disable it with the permission actionbroadcaster.broadcast

I meant it as also appearing on the chatbox where people chat

No this doesn’t exist. This plugin is only for broadcasting messages in the action slot.

Everyone using this,
Please keep in mind that it seems the developer has made all of the permission nodes “true/enabled” for default users.
Anyone on the server no matter the rank will be able to add, remove, reload, list and broadcast the messages/message list.

Giving members negative permission nodes does not do anything. :anguished:

Sponge 1233
Broadcaster 4.1

It looks like the way I set the permissions doesn’t work. ActionBroadcaster/ListCommand.java at master · games647/ActionBroadcaster · GitHub

I’ll change that immediately.

1 Like

I fixed it. Sorry for this issue.

1 Like

No problem at all.
I love the plugin and have been using it since it was first released.
Fantastic job you’ve done! I just wanted to warn others of this :blush:

EDIT: It produced a brand new directory… so the config was “wiped”. Let me switch the old folder over to the new and get back to you.

After moving it over everything is working perfectly.
Thanks again and keep up the great work!

How do I make the messages last longer? Or be send twice in a row?

There is a config option called appearanceTime. Just set it to a higher value.

Any way to add in hyperlinks for the chat and when a hyperlink is used the HUD message says to check the chat box?

I am thinking config message

"&eJoin us on discord! (h=https://discord.gg/[InviteCode])&9Click here(/h)"

Then text area message

"&eJoin us on discord! &9Click here"

Then HUD mesasge

"&eJoin us on discord! &9Click here &c(To use click function you must use chat box)"

1 Like

I think in this case it’s better to use only the normal chatbox.