Add lore to crafted items stating who crafted it

It’s pretty much all in the title, I was brainstorming with my partner on ways to halt the trafficking of illegitimately created items distributed by hackers/xrayers and general bad eggs. None of our playerbase have access to the /lore commands in nucleus, so what a great idea it would be for any item to be tagged with whomever crafted it!

If there were some other way to assign an NBT data value that wouldn’t be so blatant, or only view-able by staff that would be great as well.

Thanks for reading and let me know if you’re inspired to throw something together~

Thanks,
dp0226

EDIT: Moved to Devs Wanted section.

Not that I am free to work on anything right now, but it is one of my favorite features of the Sponge API that arbitrary NBT data can be assigned to any entity, item, tile entity, etc. and read later. A command can absolutely be added for this.
Note that a real easy way to destroy this information, no matter how it’s assigned (barring some horrific hackery) (if it’s a block) would be to place and break it again.

This would mostly be used to track down the trade of tools, armor and other non-place-able valuables such as Pixelmon held items and the likes. If I had time to brush up on development, learn Java and familiarize myself with the Sponge API, than I may do this myself! But working 40+ hours a week leaves not much time.

Bamp? If anyone could throw something together I would greatly appreciate it.

This is a good idea, so that players can avoid disputes over the ownership of their belongings. But there’s a problem. How can you add lore to something you can’t create?

I guess you could track the event that caused the drop of the item and the cobble/diamonds/food that is spawned as an item from that event may be able to have the NBT data embedded in it?

If anyone’s really interested in seeing this, the forum has a “Devs Available” section that could make this happen.