Anyone having issues with emoji lately?

Well since the trollface emoji doesn’t work right now, have a trolley bus :trolleybus:

5 Likes

@BitByte Okay, enough internet for today, i’m out! :grin:

Actually. I didn’t read the post. I didn’t know what the issue was. Buuuut. I know what it is now.

3:23:49 PM <@Dark-Arcana|Away> Anyone have any idea what’s going on in this thread? Anyone having issues with emoji lately? - #16 by SadisticalSatan Emoji’s seem to be broken on discourse, lukegb.
3:24:20 PM <@lukegb> Some of the emoji were removed from more recent versions
3:24:24 PM <@Dark-Arcana|Away> Ahh ok.
3:24:29 PM <@Dark-Arcana|Away> Even… :smile:
3:24:45 PM <@lukegb> Some of the aliases might have been removed too
3:24:49 PM <@Dark-Arcana|Away> Ahh ok.

And there is your answer.

kthksbai. Thanks for clearing up up :smiley:

1 Like

Awww dangit… Emoji Y U DO DIS ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

If you go to Admin -> Settings -> Plugins, I think you can switch the emoji set?

We might need a container rebuild xor a posts rebake.

Patience young grasshopper. ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

It appears the broken emoji’s are visible again, but it doesn’t seem like we can post them :confused:

(test :trollface:) nope doesn’t work

is it being grandfathered out, is this based on the time stamp? try to edit an old old post (before they where removed) to add a troll face.

I restored the old images to their former location so that the old posts would continue to work. I suspect that rebaking an old post would cause the old emoji to revert to being text, so if you edit your old posts containing the trollface they’ll probably disappear.

(And yeah, a Discourse update removed them :crying_cat_face:)

1 Like

I think @DarkArcana needs to give you a title like “Forum Overlord” or something.

1 Like

I’m sure he can do that himself xD

1 Like

:trollface: is back!

2 Likes

Thank you! :trollface: now I can stop using :trolleybus: xD