[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

I can’t exactly give you the full steps in how I achieved this, as I set up the initial perms quite a while ago and only now fixed it, but are you sure that it wouldn’t store the flags to be processed in a list, and given that one concerning the event throws a positive it exits the search instead of iterating through entirely to make sure it’s not negated? And please don’t think that I have any experience with this kind of thing, I have only half of a CS degree and no experience programming outside of the sickeningly specific cases we were given in class. This is how it struck me how something might happen in your code, and given the results of my closed box testing, that’s all I can figure. I have no doubt this will be redundant though when you reformat the whole plugin in your reboot you mentioned above. Good luck and happy trails!

-dp0226

There is no iteration happening.

Sponge events are literally mapped directly to flags.

Hence why this whole thing is rather bizarre.

If this happens again keep it intact and drop me a pm or message on irc, I can hop on the server and take a look.

Sure thing! I’ll do that

Hey, I have had that issue crop up again. Without any intervention our flags have rearranged in the list, and now default players can place blocks again.

I’ll try to get a hold of you directly if you do not see this first.

Hi, it is working with latest Sponge build and API V4.x?

No, there is a version for API 4.1 in my workspace, but so many things are still broken that i haven’t released it yet.

1 Like

Hello, i just want small information, do you know when (approx.) you release the new version of FG ?
sorry for the question, and thanks for all !

In the rewrite i’m actually using a different database implementation now. However i’m waiting on a few critical bug-fixes that should be pushed out in the next few days. So while i’m waiting on the dependency, i’m going to continue to work on other parts of foxguard, such as rewriting the commands a bit, writing controllers, cleaning up the internal API, adding helper methods for other plugins, etc.

I’ll keep people updated. :smiley:

3 Likes

Getting this spammed on the latest Sponge:

Would you be interested in adding support for plugin devs to make their own custom flags?

Way ahead of you bud :smiley:

There’s still a lot of utility methods that i need to write, but other than that, people can actually add their own flags now.

I’ll have better documentation at some point.

3 Likes

Apparently I cannot remove myself as owner using
/fg modify handler HANDLER group owner remove NAME

Is there a bug in the latest version? Using Sponge 4.0 and latest version of FoxGuard.

Also; “Default” user permissions do not work. I have tested with owner; and it works there, but not for default users.

Those issues have since been fixed.

The next version is almost releasable.

All will be good in due time :smiley:

Have a random snippet of new features (That I can actually show).

3 Likes

Hey ! Can you tell the % of the “release” you are at the moment ? thx ^^

I don’t really know, but I know I have these things left to do:

• Write a controller that works.
  • Go through and fix commands.
  • Rewrite link/unlink commands.
  • Finish Scoreboard stuff.
  • Write safety code for controller linking.
  • tweak everything for release
  • Add FLARD
2 Likes

Thanks ! and what is flard ? >w<

thanks ^^

Why don’t you ask the inventor of FLARD:

The great @Inscrutable!!!

2 Likes

XD @Inscrutable what IS IT :oooo

It is the beginning and the end of minecraft

1 Like