[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

What command are you typing? Like the whole thing.

/fg create worldregions spawn cubiod

Um what version of the plugin is this?

Also any errors in the logs?

FoxGuard-0.18.0-249

And no errors

wat…

is there a server i can join and look at?

sure

[link removed. If @gravityfox didn’t read it in time, send a PM.]

Author is really aggressive.
Check this: https://github.com/FoxDenStudio/FoxGuard/issues/36

@Xakep_SDK
Not going to lie, you kinda brought this on yourself.
I am not exactly pointing fingers at either of you; this situation could be handled better in many ways.

It does come down to this though: You were very accusing at the start, and if you are so sure of something about it, why don’t you fix it… you are a programmer.
I also was looking at this code yesterday, and there are at least two events I know of right now that are not working properly, so instead of harassing anyone about it, why don’t you try to actually come up with a solution and make a PR.

2 Likes

^

2 Likes

Sponge Forums expects polite and principled behaviour. Please don’t use these forums as a means to perpetuate an external argument - it has no place here.

Developers get to deal with issues on their own repositories in any way they see fit. In general, we would expect that users and developers making bug reports do so respectfully, and with a view to productively discussing and isolating issues. It helps Sponge development greatly when we identify problems or shortcomings in the implementations.
Making demands and buck passing falls outside that scope, and we’d like to see a lot less of it.

6 Likes

@gravityfox Hello. I had a question regarding redstone items. I know that redstone items (mainly levers, pressure plates, buttons, etc.) are controlled with the “blockplace” flag. Could it be possible to make this into it’s own separate flag? I would like my players to be able to use these items in my spawn area but I do not want them to be able to place blocks. Thanks for the work that you’ve put into designing this plugin :smiley:

I know that foxguard doesn’t have good support for redstone at the moment.

Here’s the problem. Foxguard is very crude in its protections. The reason why it’s blockplace, is because sponge says it is. Sponge says it is because Mojang says it is.

It is planned to have more fine grained protections later, but for now you’ll just have to live with it…

sorry… :S

THERE IS A NEW RELEASE OF FOXGUARD GO CHECK THE DOWNLOADS.

ALSO I AM SO SORRY.

I BROKE EVERYTHING.

AGAIN.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

1 Like

@gravityfox Im not quite sure about your newest release right now. I’m trying to use it on the latest SpongeVanilla as of writing this and running "/fg create handler Spawn simple " but it gives an error of “The type “simple” is invalid!”
If its due to conflicting API versions then sorry to bother you.

Thanks!

well it’s API 4.1.x, but the simple handler was replaced with the basic handler.

Tab completion is broken on API 5.x, so yeah…

You might want to update your docs to fit with that update because thats what i was going by. All your docs say “simple” i tried “basic” just now and it worked fine.
Thanks!

The ability to get detail on a handler is also broken in this new version. It’s a bit difficult working blind…

Hey I keep getting “Error occurred while ececuting command: flagmap” when ever I try to create a region

I need the server log.

Hi,
just on question.
Can i have with foxguard, a global region for protect ALL my world (with my buildings, roads , monuments), with a little subregion for the player can be build their houses ?