[API 6.x/7.x] FoxGuard - The flexible world protection solution

Alright sounds good xD keep up the good work

Is it possible to still protect a spawn area & let players interact with objects like healers/pcs in Pixelmon?

Yes. You can just block block modification and still allow interaction.

I attempted to delete the other post to avoid forum spam. Anyways, I don’t mean to ask so many questions, but I don’t know what I did wrong. Thanks in advance if you do answer. I wanted to try to get players to interact with the healers in spawn, so I typed in:

/foxguard modify handler spawnguard set default entityinteract true

I used the /fg detail handler spawnguard to get there, as per your video. (Very nice btw.) What did I do wrong?

What version are you using?

It might have actually been broken…

As of 0.10.6 I know for a fact that it works. I think I broke it before that.

No worries, the post will be gone tomorrow :smile:
Regarding the questions: If you ask it might help others too. So go ahead, even if you’ll ask many questions :wink:

1 Like

You can’t actually write a FAQ unless people ask certain questions frequently, so ask away. Once I get a feel for what parts need most explaining, I can target those specific questions more effectively.

2 Likes

Thank you, Tzk & Gravity. I don’t have the coding/programming knowledge (At least not yet) to make this easy for myself or anyone working w/ me, so it’s nice to have a community willing to help. As per my version, I’m using the 0.10.6-124 Snapshot jar.

Okay and it’s not working?

I will have to look at it more. I’m currently completely refactoring this project, so I can’t put out a new release for the next day or two.

I’ll look into it.

Hey, you’re the one who made it, not me, take your time. I just remember making a post about protections & got notified by your project, so I decided to try it, as it isn’t chunk based claiming. I love it!

1 Like

I DID IT!

I SPLIT PART OF FOXGUARD OFF INTO FOXCORE!

-flails and collapses-

Now about that issue you were having. Let me look into that.

WAIT A SEC… Are healers blocks? or NPCs? They have different flags.

for NPCs you would use entityinteract

but for blocks you would use blockinteract

Make sure you are using the correct flag.

If you need documentation on the different flags go to https://github.com/FoxDenStudio/FoxGuard/wiki/Flags

2 Likes

PCs, Healers and Trade Machines (the likely 3 owners will have for the public) are all blocks, however in the latest Pixelmon there is a doctor NPC that uses the healer for a player, i will check how it works later and report back

Huh, interesting. All my plugin does is block the player click actions. What mods do after that isn’t affected by my plugin.

However that appears to mean that you need to be able to interact with entities to use the doctor NPC and be able to interact with blocks to use the healer, but i think those events are separate and unrelated, at least in terms of what my plugin restricts. So the doctor npc can use the healer block even if you don’t have block interact permissions.

The way sponge tracks events doesn’t always translate over to mods in a way that would appear to make sense.

TL;DR my plugin shouldn’t break Pixelmon in bizarre manners.

The reason people ask is default vanilla spawn protect and default WG region flag was to prevent interactions in regions/spawn

Well my aim is to provide as much fine control as I can. The side effect of that is that there might be options that people overlook and then don’t configure.

To which the only reply I have is: “The wiki will be your friend.”

1 Like

I have reached a point in which I’m not entirely sure what to add next.

I need feedback. So if anyone has any, please throw it my way.

1 Like
  1. This did the trick, thanks! But I have two more question. I have an admin who keeps getting spammed w/ “You don’t have permission” no matter where they go. See here: Screenshot by Lightshot

2. We have owner, member, and default permissions. I didn’t quite understand from the wiki/your video tutorial on this section. If I were to apply a flag I want to apply to everyone, do I use it in the default section? If so, what does member/owner do?

Thanks for your time!

Archikai.

The you don’t have permission bit is sorta funny.

That admin does not have block modify permissions SOMEWHERE in your world. In the somewhere, a block is trying to tick and change. Either growing crops or dirt trying to become grass and vice versa. There is, at the moment, no good way to fix that.

The default section applies to everyone who isn’t a member or an owner.
The members section applies to members who aren’t owners.
The owners section applies to owners.
A player can only be affected by ONE of the three groups of flags.
You cannot be default and member or default and owner at the same time.
You can be in both the owner and member groups, but only the owner permissions will apply.

Owners default to allow
members default to passthrough
default defaults to deny

I might actually change this behavior later on.

EDIT actually the defaults are being changed to just be passthrough.
With the root flag you can now set a default for everything manually.
This is because defaults of allow or deny aren’t always a good thing.

Oh, ok, that makes more sense then, thank you. I do have one last question, for now. I’m probably just blind, but how do I allow people to build in a region I’ve made? (Like, Admins building in spawn). Thanks once again, especially for putting up with my barrage of questions.

Well you now have a region for your spawn and a handler for that spawn region.

The default flags are set to deny building.

Add your admins to the owners list and make sure the owner flags are set to allow building.

Then you should be set.