⚛ Nexus v1.8.5b - Providing 100+ Essential Commands and Features

Is the plugin modular, in that if I want to disregard 40% of the commands from it , it will not bother even loading the code/registering them, instead of just simply ‘disabling’ ??

You can enable/disable commands in the commands.conf file. When disabling a command the source written for the command is only “sleeping” as the command will never be fired. So if you just want to customize Nexus and choose yourself which commands to enable / disable thats a clear yes. Disabling a command means that the command wont even be initialized.

What about event listeners / tracking for the data the command would otherwise act upon?

There will always be a few checks which have to be made even though I kept Nexus extremely lightweight. Imagine if someone builds their own banning system using the NexusAPI but they want to disable the /ban command from Nexus itself. If Nexus wouldnt check if a player is banned anymore the custom plugin which hooks into its api would be completely useless :smile: Tere are just a couple of checks which have to be made and actually wont even be noticed as Nexus caches most of its data.

Then why would the end user disable the banning plugin if they are still using the banning system.

Most of the time when people ask about whether a plugin is modular, they mean does it continue to process events etc for features I’m not using. Secondary is whether the classes are still loaded in ram or not, but that is somewhat more complicated.

But anyway, good job on releasing a plugin :slight_smile:

Nexus is the successor of Core. I had this discussion a lot of times before so don’t worry about your gigs of RAM getting wasted by my plugin… Also, I think you somehow misunderstood something. My point was that it’s just not that easy to disable an entire event just because 0.4% might not need it to fire. And then again: think about other plugins hooking into NexusAPI to ban/mute or whatever. If events are entirely disabled theres absolutely no point in using this API then. Even though you don’t want to use some commands of Nexus does not mean that events should be disabled as well.

You could add something to the API that would allow other plugins to check if modules have been loaded, and if not load them itself somewhere during server start up…or something similar. Just a random thought

Nexus does not contain something like “modules” at the moment. Anyways it’s an interesting thought to split the code somehow making it even more modular. :slight_smile:

However, please don’t forget that having a look into a HashMap when a player joins doesn’t even tickle a common server… There are indeed a lot of things regarding the API which are planned but when it comes to the performance you’re actually good to go. There are no huge operations using sockets or MySQL when firing events atm :wink: They’re just performing 2-3 quick checks and thats basically it

##Nexus v1.7.6a has been released:

• Added command /god [player]
  • Added permissions nexus.god, nexus.god-others, nexus.god-rejoin (needed to keep godmode on rejoin)

This one had priority :yum:

What was the point of changing the name from Core to Nexus? New dev?

Just personal preference… With new motivation comes new ideas and in this case new names. Still, same dev :slight_smile:

I didn’t catch your last reply on your Core topic. I felt stupid after I saw it. My bad. Thanks for replying. Glad you had new motivation. I was really excited to see this plugin back.

1 Like

Dont worry :smile: Thanks man! I really appreciate it :relaxed:

1 Like

This is cool, keep it up… or Ill find you… and make you redo all my permissions if a plugin switch is needed :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Thanks! Don’t worry I’ll definitely keep it updated! :smile: :wink:

2 Likes

Does Nexus support multiworld chat?

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile: There’s also an option in the chat.conf file to enable and configure chat channels

how do we set the amount of homes a player is allowed/private warps?

The permissions are:

nexus.home.set.<amount of homes>
nexus.warp.create.<amount of warps>

Im trying to limit the number of homes a person can have. Only thing i get from /home set 1 or 2 or 3 or w.e number is a actual set home.