Authentic - Bring authentication to your server

Hello, players can send messages in chat when they’re not logged, how i can fix that ? And it’ll be good to have a message every 5s when u are not logged/register

I’ve tried that as well, this does not work on that version.

For now, messages aren’t blocked even if the player isn’t logged in.
I will add these features to my todo list :slight_smile:

Hello again AnhKagi,

I’m getting this error, don’t know what caused it, it started overnight without anything made to any config.

Looking forward to your reply

Looking forward to this, would be great to share it here when you’re done adding these features. :slight_smile:

A parameter seems to be missing in your configuration file.

It is weird, as it should be merged from the default configuration file, so I don’t see why this error appears. :thinking:

When you started the server, did you change the configuration file? Or did you leave everything as default?

hey! i’m using your plugin for a server me and my friends play and one of my friends forgot her password, i read about .db files but i can’t seem to find how to change them, i used H2 for the database. is there a way for me to reset her password?
Thanks!

nvm! i checked out the log and saw the commands log which has her past /login details!

It’s a way to do it ^^.

Sorry for the super late response.

The problem was solved by deleting the config and .db file and restarting the server… but don’t know why it happened.

I didn’t change anything at the time of the problem, everything was left as default as you say.

Uhm, I have another suggestion, can you make it to cancel chat messages before logging in? Some of my players can’t write well the / and send their password by not writing the /.

I can’t see either :thinking: . At least the problem is solved.

I’ll probably add this feature in the next version, I’m working on it! :wink:

1 Like

Hi guys!

Sorry for the silence, I just find out that you were all asking those questions! xD

I will answer to the one I can see right now and note the ideas you gave me.

To respond to @Nam_Vo, it should be possible to do so, but i don’t think it could be efficient to do so (it will always be possible to impersonate using other characters). This can still be a useful feature so will keep it in mind.

For @Farmeur, i didn’t thought to prevent the player to use command i’ll see if i can add this to the plugin.

@ArcherDante, this can be annoying for players, i will add it in future releases :wink:

@Viper_XZ, that’s a major bug i published, but it must be corrected in the newer version. I suppose you already know, but just to be sure :).
For the commands and the drops, i understand that can be dangerous, i’ll also add it in the future.

@Echoes, only ASCII characters are allowed. I don’t know if java handles unicode strings, i’ll check and modify that if possible.

Hello, I find a bug in your plugin, if I don’t login i can’t do anything with my admin account exept move, can you fix it ?

:thinking: You can move even if unlogged?

I will see what may causes this, but it seems strange. What do you mean exactly by “admin account”? Are you talking about an op or something like that?

Can I add case checking for player names?

Can add case checking for player name?

A similar idea has been proposed.

To be honest, I think that such a feature should be integrated in a separate plugin. :thinking:
It would require a lot of rules to be set up (because not only case would have to be checked, other rules would be added), which would only make a simple authentication plugin unnecessarily heavy.

For the moment, I want to finish Authentic, and especially the management of the connection to the database, to avoid data loss when for some reason the database is inaccessible.
Maybe I’ll be able to work on this plugin later, but certainly not right now.

Hello! I wanted to know if you could explain to me step by step how to make the plugin work, because when installing it on the server it gives me an error telling me that it uses database, and I do not understand much of these things. I appreciate if you could help me

Hello!

This is because of the configuration file, if you don’t want to set up a full db, just go to config/authentic/authentic.conf and find the attribute "type" under the "DB" node.
By default, it should be set to "MYSQL" to prevent disk usage. Just set it to "H2" and the plugin will store everything in a file.

This is not good at all not working well but still 50% working u can use it but only register works nothing else everytime u have to register when u enter no meter the auth not saving the register of yours on any player