Authentic - Bring authentication to your server

Hi. What can I do if one of my users forgot his password?

Iā€™m planning to add a command to allow an op to change the password of a player, but for the moment, you must have access to the database: you can delete the line corresponding to the user, he will just have to register again.

If you use MySQL, it should be easy for you, as you probably have PhpMyAdmin installed (or maybe you are good enough in SQL).

If you use H2, you must use a database explorer (you can find the official one here)

in both case, you can use the following SQL command:

DELETE * FROM <table> WHERE username='<user>';

Where ā€œ<table>ā€ is the table name you selected (it is ā€œauthenticā€ by default) and ā€œ<user>ā€ is the username of your player.

It may be easier for you to use the web interface directly instead of SQL commands. Make it to your preference.

This is what I need, thanks.

i need help for the database setup for MYSQL settings

Yes? what is your problem?
Did you do anything to the database or the configuration file?

Hello I have some problem, can you help me with this?
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/ZA9N0cDRiydwQ6kAm5WDAuTcoGNXxdtlNBs_z9f3CDY/%3Fwidth%3D1374%26height%3D77/https/media.discordapp.net/attachments/949709308348735579/967797634700030022/unknown.png
How can i fix it? D:

Hi!
How did you setup the pluginā€™s configuration file?
Can you send it?

Hi when using MariaDB the plugin fills the database connection pool on the DB side with sleeping connections.

thatā€™s weird, the plugins is supposed to cache results to prevents such things :thinking:.
Iā€™ll probably switch to an orm engine later, which should handle the database connections better,
instead of writing sql queries by hand.
But for the moment I donā€™t have much time to work on the plugin since Iā€™m in my last years of study.

how change password for players?

One can change its own password by using /register once logged.
For now, admins cannot change password from other players unless they have access to the database.
If you want to change the password in the database, you can refer to the post i made here.

an alternative solution would be to update the hash field corresponding to the player with a base64-encoded sha512 hash, but here you must know how to hash a password with this method and to edit a row in a mysql or a h2 database, depending on your case.

I can help if you need some. and of course, if you donā€™t understand what iā€™m talking about/i didnā€™t understand your problem, feel free to pm me.