BadgeUp Achievements

I’m going to guess that on SF it’s trying to pass GameState events to the catch-all Event listener, and then running into an issue with the event filter annotations since they’re designed for regular events.

You did test the plugin you plan to charge money for, right?

We aren’t charging anything for the plugin, ever, and the service is currently free. The plugin is MIT licensed, and doesn’t have any clauses about who can or cannot use it. I’m helping solve a need and am not sure why there is such hostility from you.

There will always be bugs in software. Even more so with new software. Please be kind.

You’re right, that was hostile. I’m sorry. I just really dislike the idea of essentially a buyable plugin (no matter how you twist it).

1 Like

I can’t fix your first issue just yet (currently pursuing a solution), but your second issue should be fixed with v1.0.3 of the client.

Alright awesome, and here’s another one for you:

@Gershon

v1.0.4 should fix your issue :slight_smile:

I’ve updated badgeup.io with pricing and a statement around Alpha users getting the ‘Advanced’ plan free after Alpha ends. Thanks for the feedback on this. :smile:

I’ve also created a video that should help explain some of the concepts.

Just a note, you misspelled Alpha in the second paragraph of the pricing tiers section as Ahpha. Also, what constitutes an Alpha user? Just having an account, or actively using it throughout the entire Alpha period?

I noticed that you don’t have a “confirm password” field in your signup form. If I may, I suggest adding one. There’s nothing worse than typing your password in wrong, then having to recover it before you’ve even logged in for the first time :slight_smile:

Disclaimer: Some things may or may not be worse than typing your password in wrong, then having to recover it before you’ve even logged in for the first time

Edit: I also noticed that if you type in your password wrong the first time, then correctly after that, you are logged in but actually stay on the login page. This was on mobile. I could go to my account page and log out with the top right menu, while still on the login page. As a side note, if you make the email input type="email" instead of type="text", it will not autocapitalize and will give @ and .com shortcuts on mobile - not really a large problem, but saves a little time every time :slight_smile:

@Flibio Good catch! Thank you. :slight_smile:

Excellent question. An Alpha user is any user that has signed up and has any account activity before I mark BadgeUp as production-ready. It is vitally important that I collect and act on feedback during Alpha. If you signup and do nothing, you won’t receive the free ‘Advanced’ tier. I hope this is understandable.

@Lemonous Great suggestion regarding the password verification and input type. You clearly know your stuff. Thanks so much! :thumbsup: I will admit that the dashboard is buggy, especially around how login and auth works (it needs redone). Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

#v1.0.5 Release

Changes:

• No longer need the earnedachievement:read scope for API keys
  • Ignore AnimateHandEvent
  • Increase number of awards listed in /awards
1 Like

I’d like to request a forge mod version for singleplayer…
or would that be too difficult?

There’s an even easier option, just install SpongeForge and BadgeUp in singleplayer and it should work fine.

2 Likes

#v1.1.0 Release

Changes:

• Implement Command Awards
  • Add support for /sponge plugins reload
1 Like

v2.0.0 Release

Changes:

• BREAKING Change plugin ID from ‘badgeup-sponge-client’ to ‘badgeup’
    • Migration Guide: Rename config folder badgeup-sponge-client to badgeup. Rename the config file inside that folder (badgeup-sponge-client.conf) to badgeup.conf.
  • Fix incompatibility with DiscordBridge and potentially other plugins using Unirest
1 Like

v2.0.1 Release

Changes:

• Ignore ChannelRegistrationEvent and TabCompleteEvent
  • More accurate distance events - account for teleports and players leaving
  • Add debug log line for too-large events
1 Like

v2.0.2 Release

Changes:

• Update for recent BadgeUp API changes
1 Like

v2.0.3 Release

Changes:

Changes:

• Properly listen to entity damage/death events
  • Fix too-large ModifyBlockEvents
  • /badgeup debug <player> command

Wanted to give this a try but after running the /badgeup init command then no other commands would run. Restarted the server and had the same issue. Removed BadgeUp and things were back to normal. Don’t have time to mess with it much now but I’ll probably try again later.

I’d be curious to see the logs for this… I’ve never seen this issue before.