Best java flags?

I want to dedicate 20gb of RAM on a public pixelmon server. A good Start.sh for this?
I want optimize to the CPU because the vps He have ten cores.
Now I have:

java -Xms15G -Xmx23G -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:G1NewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=50 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=50 -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -jar forge.jar nogui

The server lag sometimes. Can you help me to create A good start.sh for the best optimization?

So first off, your Xms and Xmx should be equal.

Secondary, instead of just asking for the best flags (which vary from system to system), start a timings report (/sponge timings start), and then after some lag, run /sponge timings report and share the link here.

This will allow us to more accurately determine what is causing the lag, and how you can go about fixing it.

Sadly Minecraft is mostly single-threaded still, so having 10 cores is going to be underutilized - I find that for best performance, you once between 4-6 cores at 3.8+ Ghz

1 Like

here is the Link . So can you help me to figure out what is the best option to set?

Your JVM flags are mostly okay. You should set Xms and Xmx to be the same though, and I would recommend setting that to 16G…

What seems to be really chewing up your tick time is world generation. Pre-generating your world will help with this a lot.

1 Like

Isn’t there another method?
Beacuse i don’t appreciate border worldì, leverage 50% of the pixelmon experience
Or if I have to do, what diameter do you recommend?

Its either that or your timings will continue to be horrible. 20k border works fine for most people

Some servers set the world border and then pregen the chunks and then remove the border. While this doesnt solve the original issue it does mitigate it