Better Trails plugin (PLEASE)

Would any developer be down to make a better trails plugin than the one we currently have access too?
Something like superTrails would be great, The only option I have is HappyTrails for my Pixelmon server and I really just wanna use something like SuperTrails.

Would you might linking the plugins you are talking about so we have a better idea of what you want?

For sure!
This would be the HappyTrails plugin that is the only one for sponge - https://ore.spongepowered.org/gabizou/HappyTrails

& this would be the one I would want something similar to - https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/supertrails.1879/

I really don’t know much about making plugins but I assume it’s hard and considering that is the only trails plugin for sponge, My hopes are not high but I hope this gave you a better understanding of what I am looking for!

1 Like

Trail plugins arnt difficult at all. The most simple ones can actually be 1 function holding 3 line with 2 annotations (so something like 8 lines of code). I personally believe that the sponge community attempt to build more complex plugins, its only when a plugin request or something like that when we build smaller plugins.

The plugin supertrails has a lot of features, what in particular is it that you want from supertrails that HappyTrails doesn’t?

2 Likes

Just more trail options like wings and different trail particles, With HappyTrails there are only a few options to choose from. I would just like a wider variety of trail designs to choose from! Would that be possible?

The author of HappyTrails is @gabizou who is pretty active on API 8 (Sponge for MC 1.15). Have you attempted to get in contact with him?

Its normally much easier to add to a plugin then create a whole new one. As its only more partical effects you want it shouldn’t be too difficult

2 Likes

I have not attempted to contact him, do you think he would add some things if I asked? Also, I use Sponge for MC1.12.2

Im sure he will. Hes a nice guy.

I realize that your using MC 1.12.2 API 7 as thats the only version Happy Trail supports. I just meant Gabizou is active. MC 1.15.2 (API 8) isnt out yet