Block Place Limiter

Is there a way to track how many of a certain block a person has placed and limit them?

Example: I want to limit my players to only be able to place up to 10 diamond blocks, but not stop them from placing again completely after they reach 10. They can break one and place it back again as long as all the diamond blocks he owns on the world does not go higher than 10.

Can someone make a plugin like this? :smile: would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

If the plugin can be per world it will be more interesting (at least for me) :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: Nice idea @SnowBlitzz!

What if someone else breaks a block placed by you?

Edit: Iā€™m interested in what use this plugin might have.

1 Like

If someone else breaks your block you will get your limit back -1 since that was your block.

I initially thought of this to limit the number of apricorn and ranch blocks a player can place in the server, as they are known to cause frame rate drops when too much in numbers, and since both items benefit players, they wouldnā€™t hesitate to crowd giant farms.

It could also be used for other purposes such as limiting the number of beacons you place so the server doesnā€™t go crazy with beams and all that.

Anyone want to pick up this request? :confused:

Picking up Sponge plugin development. Iā€™m already giving it a try.

@Firelight Iā€™m not meaning to intrude on your programming but Iā€™m gonna give this a shot too. Might give me something to do.

Actually, it might not matter if I write ā€œthisā€ because Iā€™m technically gonna be working on something that inspired me from this concept. so. :3 happy coding

@Firelight @codeHusky THANKS! Iā€™m looking forward to the plugin, and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s others as well.

šŸŒ¶ Despice - Now with concept video - A creative way to prevent raiding Hereā€™s the concept for the most part. @SnowBlitzz

Howā€™s the progress :smiley:

Iā€™m working on the storing of data and using a class that will be instanced per player to store blocks placed and the block limitations. Scanned through the sponge docs to (successful) find an existing method to persist the data. Quickly skimmed the data API doc for the data serialization but got a bit intimidated by it. Will look further into it when Iā€™m free. Otherwise, pretty straightforward so far.

1 Like

This helped me alot: DataManipulatorGenerator - #18 by pie_flavor

1 Like

Taking a look now. Thanks.

I know its been a long time, but has anyone made anything like this at all. The despice chest isnt what i am after. But after the initial request of this. Where as, i dint want players to be able to own more than say 3 quarries in the server?
Thank you in advance