BlockCommand - Run commands during block interactions

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, BlockCommand. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

BlockCommand

Description

BlockCommand is a plugin similiar to the ServerSigns bukkit plugin which allows to add commands to blocks which get executed when the player interacts with the block.

Features

• Run any command as player or server
  • Send or broadcast a message
  • Supports all blocks and pressure plates (Configurable, default is signs)

Commands

• /bcmd add <command> - Adds a command to the block you are looking at
  • /bcmd list - Lists the commands of the block you are looking at

Permissions

• blockcommand.command.use - Allows command usage
  • blockcommand.admin - Allows breaking blocks with commands

Placeholders

Placeholder Description
<player|name> Name of the interacting player
<uuid> UUID of the interacting player
<server|srv|s> Defines the command to be run as server/console
<message|msg|m> Defines it to be a message send to the player
<broadcast|bcast|b> Defines it to be a message send to all players

Examples

/bcmd add <srv> give <player> stone
Runs the give command as server and replaces <player> with the name of the interacting player.

/bcmd add help
Runs the help command as player.

/bcmd add <msg> Hello <player>
Sends a message to the interacting player.

1 Like

How many commands can I add to a block?

There is no limit atm.

/bcmd add
[21:12:43] [Server thread/INFO] [nucleus]: Server ę‰§č”ŒęŒ‡ä»¤: /bcmd add
[21:12:43] [Server thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer]: Error occurred while executing command: No value present
[21:12:43] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command ā€˜bcmd addā€™ for source DedicatedServer: No value present
java.util.NoSuchElementException: No value present
at java.util.Optional.get(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_172]
at net.mineyourmind.blockcommand.commands.AddCommand.execute(AddCommand.java:23) ~[AddCommand.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:255) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3206]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:388) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3206]
at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:341) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3206]
at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:328) [SpongeCommandManager.class:1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3206]
at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:1083) [dh.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71333_ah(DedicatedServer.java:432) [nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:397) [nz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:668) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:526) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_172]
/bcmd add

You didnā€™t specific any command.

/bcmd add
I am using this

Did you read the examples above? You have to write a command behind add.

[BlockCommand] The block White wool is not listed in the config!

Add the block to the config.

The plugin works fine.
Good job, seriously sponge deserve more plugin like this.

1 Like

Any chance of adding Mod support?
When i try to add a modded block to the .conf it errors out on me

Which command are you trying to run and whats the error?

/bcmd add
error is a null exicution error from sponge
Sponge Log: https://pastebin.com/cL5G96va

The plugin works great without modded blocks.

Looks like the log is missing. You need to actually specify a command for the command to work.

How close in terms of usability is this to server signs? Can i set item costs to it like server signs? like items with custom enchants, etc.?

No you canā€™t. If you read the post it clearly lists itā€™s features there. Not sure if there is an alternative for sponge that has these features

on my server i am running:
Pixelmon
Pixelextras
BlockCommand
command-utils-2.4.0
(for the main ones involved)
what im wanting to do is when right clicking on a sign execute this command
cu execute if ā€œcu has in hand pixelmon:poke_ballā€ ā€œpokeedit 1 ball:pokeā€

so as to change the pokeball the userā€™s first pokemon is in. with your plugin however this does not work as i assume its using " to figure out what the command it is supposed to run is. however, the command-utils-2.4.0 also uses " and requires it to be in to find out what argument is what. is there a way to either make " work inside of the blockcommand.conf or is it possible to add conditionals directly through commands and not through something like command-utils-2.4.0. ive tried even using a scoreboard method but pokeedit doesnt recognize @p in the command blocks.

Is there a way to limit it to once a MC day?

Is there a way to make a block disappear after clicking? Currently I am using a custom head in my server and I want it to disappear after being used. I have tried adding world edit commands that would replace the head with air but I canā€™t figure it out. Thanks in advance

I gave the player permission: (blockcommand.command.use) but the player still canā€™t click on the block
please help me !!!