BukkitDev for Sponge!?

This has been under discussion here. Plugin Hosting - #102 by TheYeti

Some people have full implementation ideas already. If you claim to be a web dev, post some examples…

Here’s something I’ve been working on https://github.com/heisenbugdev/heisenbugdev

When sponge is more mature and in need of something like this, contact me and I can see if we can finish that up.

Two month ago, before the big Bukkit GAU, I started working on a plugin repository, based on BukGet.
My campaign was a flop, but I tried it :stuck_out_tongue: BootsCraft - Manage your Minecraft Server! | Indiegogo

So, I work every day with PHP and have much knowledge about PHP5 and building web applications. Primarily I work at backend, design is not my strong point. Additional I work with TYPO3 for business and know how to build web services on top of TYPO3. But I didn’t think that TYPO3 were the right way here.

So, if you need some PHP, mail me :wink:[email protected] or write me a message here

• Morph

I think HeisenBugDev is shaping up to look really good, and perform well. Plus it’s a community driven, open source project. Why reinvent the wheel?

Otherwise, Sponge plugins are basically Forge mods… You could always have big-corporation, for profit, Curse host it on CurseForge…

2 Likes

I’ll be starting the development today! For now, the name SpongeDev has received a lot of good feedback, and we will keep it for now.
As said previously, I will make it open-source, and based off Laravel 5, one of the fastest growing PHP framework. The front-end will mostly likely be based off Bootstrap, but I am open to suggestions (as said above, I am not a front-end designed).
It will be using Sass or Less (open for suggestions) for styling, Gulp for tasks, and Markdown for most formatting, as users that will be using it to post plugins will be developers, and most likely know how Markdown works. It will be hosting on Github under CraftThatBlock/SpongeDev.

Omg I would love if there was a “sorry, this plugin is now inactive, here is another plugin that does similar functionality”

5 Likes

Seriously, why are you starting a brand new project when there are numerous other projects that are already more mature?

3 Likes

Rather wait for Sponge to announce the way they will allow developers to publish plugins.

I’m rather optimistic that things can be improved if started over. Also lets him use the MIT license I suppose, like the rest of Sponge. It’s not like we’re in a hurry as it’ll likely take a bit longer for the Sponge API to be usable anyways.

2 Likes

For those that asked me elsewhere, I rebooted the site I was working on, and you can find it here.
You can ignore the terrible design…but it’s basically fully integrated with forums (Started this before sponge had forums, or anything really), downloads, revisions, and a full on plugin implementation, with downloads, wiki pages (Not finished IIRC), various stat tracking and other cool things that I was working on. If anyone is interested in hosting something like this shoot me a PM.

3 Likes

@CraftThatBlock It should be called Liquid

Well, I am a very experienced back-end developer and have experience with bootstrap too. I could help bring this up, and hopefully be part of the team.

Other than that, I liked SpongeDev. I just love the way it’s said. We really need this if Sponge is gonna come out sooner or later. We should have something ready to welcome the very first and new Sponge plugins!

I like SpongeDev because we all know what BukkitDev is. All developers and server owners will immediately know what SpongeDev vs. Sponge is.

1 Like

Here is an idea that I had that may involve a “BukkitDev” kind of system.

I like how there is a specific place for a plugin to have a wiki. Also if your site get’s used for sponge (I bet it will) It should have some link up with the forums for logins and stuff.

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to do that, but I believe discourse limits SSO to an admin API key. Would be cool to have that in the future :slight_smile:

Couldn’t you just use the db for discourse in order to do so? I’m sure there is a way to get logins and such from there that way.

That’s essentially how it would work. SSO means Single sign-on, which basically allows you to register through the primary (Forums in this case), and use that session on other websites that use the forum’s SSO. That can’t be done without an admin API key from Discourse unfortunately.

ahh, well at least if they love your site(They should) then that shouldn’t be an issue.

Ore is in development: GitHub - SpongePowered/Ore: Repository software for Sponge plugins and Forge mods