Can I post plugin like that? [AutoIn]

Hi, I’m small dev that created that small project: http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/auto-in.578/

And I have simple question:
When sponge will be “more ready” to port that plugin, it will be allowed to post plugin like that? → allowing some cracked player join to premium servers (without breaking how premium server works)

//Sorry for my English.

EDIT:
That isn’t Auth plugin, like AuthMe
Small quote of my other post here:

No,no,no…
That other kind of plugin.
AuthMe is plugin for /login /register commands.

My plugin is allowing cracked players (without account at mojang, and without original game) join to premium server. Premium players are still connected as premium, like in online-mode → so they have original UUIDs, but cracked players are connected like in offline-mode (with UUID generated from nickname)
And It can also automatically login premium players → so they don’t must use /login command from plugins like AuthMe, xAuth, LogIt (with possibility to add more)

But it isn’t like AuthMe or other Auth plugin, it don’t even have /login system/commands.

2 Likes

They plan on releasing the API in November.

Yeach, but I asking about posting plugin that can “break” some rules?
Eg: On bukkit.org I will get banned If i post that plugin because “it’s supporting offline mode servers” PS: It need online-mode to run, but… whatever.

What about sponge? that plugin will break any rules?

I believe that there are no rules against that here at Sponge. Besides, there were tons of plugins like this at Bukkit.

Eeem, I don’t see anyone, can you post link?

Look up “AuthMe” on the Bukkit Plugin page.

No,no,no…
That other kind of plugin.
AuthMe is plugin for /login /register commands.

My plugin is allowing cracked players (without account at mojang, and without original game) join to premium server. Premium players are still connected as premium, like in online-mode -> so they have original UUIDs, but cracked players are connected like in offline-mode (with UUID generated from nickname)
And It can also automatically login premium players -> so they don’t must use /login command from plugins like AuthMe, xAuth, LogIt (with possibility to add more)

But it isn’t like AuthMe or other Auth plugin, it don’t even have /login system/commands.

We do not support plugins the allowed cracked play. Auth me does have some legitimate use (China)

awww ;(

1 Like

@disconsented What if I tell you that this plugin is for fixing UUIDs problems after switching from offline-mode to online-mode server? (that can work like that!)
Or for server that want change online-mode to true, but don’t want just remove all other players, but give them time to buy a game? (that can also work like that!)

Or for server that want change online-mode to true, but don’t want just remove all other players, but give them time to buy a game? (that can also work like that!)

So you can allow old cracked players join to game, but kick all new → so old players have time to buy a game!

Why China? Because of the censorship? They can just monitor you to get the password :wink:

Great Firewall of China basically blocks the connection to Mojangs servers.

Do you realize that this plugin can be used for the same purpose?

Open minded in what way? We do not support piracy as to protect ourselves.

7 Likes

So you basically made a plug in that is a back door in Mojang’s authentication system, and had the balls to put it into the public domain. You are lucky you haven’t been nailed for piracy.

1 Like

I have to agree with @bdubz4552. Putting a plugin out there will get you reamed, especially if you’re in the united states. The anti-piracy laws here give out more serious punishments than sex offenders get… really wrong in my opinion but still truth. And now that the FCC’s right to enforce net neutrality was struck down, prepare to get #rekt.

If you have authme you are already allowing cracked clients. The only difference between using AutoIn and running in offline mode is that with AutoIn legitimate players don’t have to use /login.

I use it to allow people to try the game and see if they like it without annoying legitimate users with login commands. Those who like it end up buying it and those who don’t don’t waste money in a game they’re not gonna play(27USD is not cheap were I leave). It would be great if MS changed the demo mode so it includes a 30 day multiplayer trial.

With all that said, I understand that Sponge will probably never support that kind of plugin since it means supporting piracy.

2 Likes

I created this plugin only because some people said that will be impossibile to create that without editing craftbukkit code, I posted it, some people start using it, so i start updating it.

I don even play minecraft… from beta.

I’m not supporting piracy, server owner decides for what reason he want use that plugin, it have much more features that only allowing some other players to join. ;(