Cannot run SpongeForge client or server

I’m trying to run the client inside a development environment to test my plugins, but the class GradleStart is missing. I’ve also tried the Minecraft launch wrapper with the tweak class set to net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLTweaker.

Gradle’s “runClient” or “runServer” task does not work as it tries to run git even though I’m on Windows and therefore don’t have it installed.

I pulled my local version of SpongeForge off the repository about two hours ago.

Have you ran gradle setupDecompWorkspace first?

Yes, that’s the first thing I do after pulling when I update my local repository.
Just to make sure, I’m running it again.

Edit: GradleStart and GradleStartServer are still missing.
Edit 2: runClient still tries to run git.

Edit 3: Running the server (with MC launchwrapper) still gives me this error

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:161) ~[forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_73]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_73]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_73]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) ~[?:1.8.0_73]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43) [forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12) [forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at LZMA.LzmaInputStream.readHeader(LzmaInputStream.java:246) ~[lzma-0.0.1.jar:?]
	at LZMA.LzmaInputStream.<init>(LzmaInputStream.java:65) ~[lzma-0.0.1.jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.LZMAInputSupplier.openStream(LZMAInputSupplier.java:33) ~[forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	at com.google.common.io.ByteSource$AsCharSource.openStream(ByteSource.java:435) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.io.CharSource.openBufferedStream(CharSource.java:106) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.io.CharSource.readLines(CharSource.java:205) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.deobf.FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.setup(FMLDeobfuscatingRemapper.java:126) ~[forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.FMLSanityChecker.injectData(FMLSanityChecker.java:182) ~[forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager$FMLPluginWrapper.injectIntoClassLoader(CoreModManager.java:156) ~[forgeSrc-1.8.9-11.15.1.1732-PROJECT(SpongeForge).jar:?]
	... 8 more

@CrazyPyroEagle while this issue is being resolved you could try @thomas15v’s SpongeStart gradle plugin since you only the dev environment for hots wrapping and stuff

1 Like

What version of gradle are you using?
Also, you may want to try cleaning the workspace.
gradle clean cleanEclipse setupDecompWorkspace eclipse
cleanEclipse and eclipse can be replaced with cleanIdea and idea if using Intellij IDEA (I don’t know but I’m guessing that will work)