Can't build on new server

So i’ve got a small problem. I just made a 1.8.9 server and mostly it is working great. For a while I though that some of the mods weren’t working but as it turns out I am unable to build even as an OP in creative. Even with a clean server without any mods beyond sponge I am unable to do anything. Any ideas you folks have would be great. Thanks a bundle.

Have you tried building far away from spawn? Vanilla has this weir anti-build for the spawn. In the server.properties file, try changing ‘spawn-protection’

The anti-build shouldn’t stop ops from building in spawn.

True…

@painnneck
Can we see your server.properties? Its slightly possible a configuration there (like op-level) is malfunctioning. Try building on a pure vanilla server with the same config…

#Minecraft server properties
#Mon Feb 29 06:36:23 PST 2016
spawn-protection=16
max-tick-time=60000
generator-settings=
force-gamemode=false
allow-nether=true
gamemode=0
enable-query=false
player-idle-timeout=0
difficulty=1
spawn-monsters=true
op-permission-level=4
resource-pack-hash=
announce-player-achievements=true
pvp=true
snooper-enabled=true
level-type=DEFAULT
hardcore=false
enable-command-block=false
max-players=20
network-compression-threshold=256
max-world-size=29999984
server-port=25565
server-ip=
spawn-npcs=true
allow-flight=false
level-name=world
view-distance=10
resource-pack=
spawn-animals=true
white-list=false
generate-structures=true
online-mode=true
max-build-height=256
level-seed=
motd=A Minecraft Server
enable-rcon=false

No luck with another properties file. I can build perfectly on every other server i have on my computer even if i swap out the properties file.

What version of Sponge are you using? I’m willing to also check whether I have the same issue or not if you post your version information.

my sponge version is spongeforge-1.8.9-1691-3.1.0-BETA-1046 and i thank you very much if you do. this is confusing me i’ve checked every config file i can think of.

My sponge version is spongeforge-1.8.9-1691-3.1.0-BETA-1046, if you would be willing I would be most appreciative. I’m more than confused as i can’t find a config setting in any file that should be causing this problem. Thanks again

That version is quite out of date. Until a new recommended build is created, just use the latest version and see if that resolves the issue.

so the recommended build is the problem eh. well that is nice to know. thanks for the suggestion it worked perfectly. Take care everyone I appreciate everything