Cant figure out how to use sponge

I’m a new developer and would like to use sponge to develop a forge server, but when I try to use
@Plugin(id = “exampleplugin”, name = “Example Plugin”, version = “1.0”)”
It says “Plugin cannot be resolved to a type”
I think I may have made an error when I was trying to follow your instructions on how to start using sponge.

What’s in your build.gradle file? Please post its content to gist/pastebin.

This is what I have in my build.gradle file

Add

maven { url "https://repo.spongepowered.org/maven/" }

to the repos and move the sponge dependency up into the other dependencies block.’

Edit: I guess that is not needed due to the sponge gradle plugin there…

Did you do a gradlew.bat --refreshDependencies ?

So, I shouldn’t do the first bit before the edit but try to refresh my dependencies? Where am i supposed to use that command, when i put it through the command prompt it says that gradlew.bat is not recognized as a internal command or .bat file. Should I try setting a path to the gredlew.bat?

The graldew.bat should be in your project folder if you did everything right. What files and folders are in your project’s folder?

I was able to get my gradlew.bat to run without error. It closes immediately, so I was unable to run the command.
Project
These are the files in my project folder.

This helps: Sponge Documentation — Sponge 7.2.0 documentation

Also you want to open a terminal window/command prompt and then navigate to the folder and execute gradlew.bat ....

Okay, I know that the document is there, that is what I tried to use the first time trying to set this up, but it’s kinda missing some pictures and videos that would help out a ton for someone like me who has no certification. I would like to get with you in a voice chat somewhere, preferably discord so I can screenshare with you.