Can't offer data to an offline player

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on a plugin in which I need to store data in player using the Data API. But I noticed that my code works well for an online player but not for an offline player (who has joined the server at least once). I’m using the method ‘offer’ of the User interface.

Is there a way to get it working or is it just impossible?
I’m using the last Sponge version for 1.10.2 (2793 for Forge 2477).

Thank you for your help.

You would have to implement it in sponge for 1.10.2, though there were lots of issues with the data api implementation particularly with registration that needed to be fixed, leading to almost potentially being able to properly store custom data on offline players, for 1.13.

You could implement it with the last iteration of implementation for 1.10.2, but you’d maintain it yourself or whoever ends up writing it for you. If you want to know more about how to implement it (and considering maintaining it), feel free to ask.

Hi gabizou,

Thank you very much for your help!

I don’t think I’m good enough with Sponge (or even Java) to consider the option of implementing if by myself. ^^’
I’ll discuss it with the project owner but we might give up on this for now and maybe wait for the 1.13 release.

Thanks again!