Changing max build height with Sponge?

So I’ve been trying to find a way to change the max build height in a Minecraft world. When researching, I came across a post on the Minecraft forum, that lists different mods for doing this, including one called Spoutcraft. Doing some further research, I found an archived post, mentioning a new project called Sponge, in lieu of the whole Bukkit ordeal.

So I do some research on Sponge, and voila, here I am.

But is it possible to change the build height with Sponge? I’ve downloaded SpongeForge, but there’s no option to change the height when creating a new world. And I’ve searched Ore, and there’s no SpoutCraft.

As I understand it, Sponge is more of a general API for developing mods rather than a mod in itself, but I figured changing build height was perhaps a default option, since it was born from the Spoutcraft team.

Or is there perhaps another mod, Spoutcraft fork or otherwise, that works with Sponge and lets you change the max build height?

SpongeForge contains a plugin API compatible with most Forge mods. The only mod I know that can modify build height is CubicChunks, however I think it’s one of the few mods incompatible with Sponge.

Yeah, CubicChunks was one of the mods listed on the forum post I found, listed as still under development, but it and SpoutCraft requires altering minecraft.jar, which I’m not a big fan of.

But I figured that maybe the developers behind Sponge had included SpoutCraft or a fork thereof. Looked through Ore (World Management), but I couldn’t find any initially, so I’m hoping some users know of some that are compatible with Sponge, if SpoutCraft hasn’t been included in Sponge.

Just to clear things up a bit, the only remnant of SpoutCraft that is part of the Sponge project is the Flow library. Everything else in Sponge has been built from the ground up, with a little help from Forge.

CubicChunks, or any variation thereof that changes the normal build height necessarily alters the world generation process rather drastically, as well as the save format. Those are things that are very hard to maintain compatibility with, although it isn’t impossible, and it’s far from the top of the priority list for SpongeDev. You would be better off talking to the developer(s) of CubicChunks, to see what the state of development is - there was some discussion of Sponge compatibility a while back.