Changing: "Server is still starting" Message

Hey,

I have a problem with the changeing of messages again. Is it possible to change the: “Server is still starting” message?

Please help :blush:

PT400C

My first tought was listening to ClientConnectionEvent.Auth but doesn’t seem to fire when the server is starting.

The message is hardcoded so changing it with the api will be hard

1 Like

Is there really no way to change it? Maybe, with the ClientConnectionEvent.Login event?

Please help :smile:

PT400C

Auth triggers before Login

1 Like

Maybe with mixins?

1 Like

The thing is, how is a plugin suppose to change the server starting message…if the server is still starting? Plugins haven’t completed initialization yet.

1 Like

I was prepared to write a wall of text but instead I’ll say this.

There’s some technical memory management shenanegans going on here and basically even if a plugin did load before the server, there would be nowhere for the plugin to “grab” or “swap” the string, because the string doesn’t appear to exist outside of that method’s stack frame.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks. I did’nt get that in mind :grin:

PT400C

Except that plugins do start before the server… That’s why there are ServerStarting Events?

Mixins solve this issue. They have for a long time now.

Then there would be two mixins: One for Forge and another for vanilla.

TIL what mixins do. So it would be feasible then, if someone was willing to put the time towards it?

Normally, you can write a single minecraft mixin that would do it for both platforms. I don’t know about this case, but i don’t think you need two versions of the plugin.

1 Like

I couldnt even find the string in spongevanilla, can anyone test what happens when you connect early on spongevanilla?

I looked into it, and the string is generated by Forge and handed off to the vanilla NetworkManager class. Seems like its less of a Sponge issue and more of a Forge issue.

1 Like