ColorAnvil - Name Items With Color!

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, ColorAnvil. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

ColorAnvil

ColorAnvil is a simple plugin to enable the use of Minecraft formatting codes when naming items within anvils. Currently all of the formatting codes as described by the Official Minecraft Wiki are supported. To use a formatting code simply prefix the desired code with an &. Note: This is diffferent from Vanilla Minecraft which utilizes an §.

For example, if I wanted to change the color of a Diamond Sword’s name to dark-red I could rename it to &4Diamond Sword

Permissions

• coloranvil.use - Allows the player to utilize formatting codes while naming items.
  • coloranvil.color.<format_code> - Allows the player to utilize a specific formatting code where format_code is the code without the &.
    • Ex: coloranvil.color.a

Support Me

I will never charge money for the use of my plugins, however they do require a significant amount of work to maintain and update. If you’d like to show your support and buy me a cup of tea sometime (I don’t drink that horrid coffee stuff :P) you can do so here

6 Likes

Can’t seem to get this to work with Pixelmon (Minecraft & Forge 1.10.2)
Anyway you could roll this plugin back to that version? Thank You So Much for your hard work!

Yep, I should be able to do a backport to 1.10.2, provided everything this plugin uses is still supported in API 5 :slight_smile:

That would be amazing! Than you so much Zerthick. I hope to learn Java soon so I can do these things for myself. Thank you in the time being for your hard work.

So it seems that unfortunately much of the inventory API with respect to Anvils was never implemented in Sponge API 5, specifically in API 5 I can’t currently detect when the user clicks on the output slot of the Anvil, meaning that my current method of updating the color codes of the item doesn’t work :frowning2:. It’s possible that some of the implementation from later versions of Sponge may be back-ported to API 5, but until then it looks like this plugin will only work on API 6+. Sorry about that.

Nice to see this plugin pop up so quickly. Good work Zerthick.

1 Like

Shoot :frowning: Well Thank You for trying and I am sure many others will enjoy this plugin! :slight_smile:

Thank you for this plugin. I like it!
There is a little issue when you try to repair an colored item … it change from colored to i.e: &aItemName again. It seems that the color code will not be parsed when you repair an colored item.

Hi dude ! I installed this plugins on my server, but I can’t manage to rename items. Is there a command to rename, or it’s in the anvil? I’m in sponge 7.0.1 so I think it’s because of my version. Are you planning to update the mod?

A new version has been released for ColorAnvil, it is available for download here.

Repair Me

Release v1.2.0

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3372

Changes:

• Update to Sponge API 7
  • You can now repair colored items within an anvil and the display name will be correctly serialized
  • Warning: If you place a colored item in an anvil and remove it without repairing/renaming it, it will lose its color

You must be using at least spongeforge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3372 or spongevanilla-1.12.2-7.1.0-BETA-100 in order for the plugin to work properly.

Enjoy!