Command Block confusion

So, this is a weird one.

I have a command block set up to give a permission to the @p whenever triggered. For some reason instead of trying to give the permission to @p, it tries to give it to me, no matter where on the map I may be located. And when I try to set the permission to be given to @s, it says invalid uuid and does nothing.

I asked about it on the luckperms discord, and after some searching all we found was that its a known thing with Sponge. But when looking around the sponge forums it had people saying to use the @p and whatnot like nothing is wrong, so I am assuming its something that I’m doing wrong.

The command I have input:

lp user @p permission set nucleus.kits.shoes true

The “Previous Output” that gets listed no matter who has pressed the button to activate:

[02:13:08] [LP] davidhilm already has nucleus.kits.shoes set in context global.

Server Info

Spongeforge 1.12.2-2611-7.1.0
Luckperms-sponge-4.2.75
Nucleus 1.5.2
Optifine 1.12.2
Pixelextras 1.12.2
PixelmonGenerations 1.12.2-2.2.1

Update SpongeForge to the latest version. Selectors are somewhat broken in that version (up to just after the latest RB).

They will not be able to update as they are using generations, which still requires old Forge as they haven’t removed the mod list sending

As mentioned higher up, Pixelmon Generations is not supported on Forge 2705. Consider moving off of a stolen version and running Reforged, the Pixelmon version for 1.12.2, http://reforged.gg/discord