Competition: ArrowProject

I wouldn’t call it a competition. It’s just another server mod.

But Sponge has the biggest community. I think it has the biggest chances.

Q: Will this support Bukkit plugins? A: No it will not because of legal reasons.

Bye ArrowProject.

3 Likes

By that measure, bye Sponge.

Hence why there is a plugin porting section in here. :)

Everyone, vote ‘No, You shouldn’t Sponge is already good enough.’ - because it is!
Not only will we have bukkit plugin porting, isn’t there also Pore which will be able to run Bukkit plugins as well?

5 Likes

You shouldn’t even call this a “competition” for Sponge. Sponge has developers working on it from every corner of pretty much all Minecraft communities. It’s like a unity. I’m not going to expect a couple of unseen before developers even release this project successfully.

5 Likes

That doesn’t necessarily mean that they all know what they are doing. I’m not against their idea, but to me it seems like all they want is some attention because of what Sponge (and similar stuff like this) are getting so much of it. Why should they re-invent the wheel?

You can either port your plugins, or use a plugin to run plugins(a.k.a. Pore).

Well I don’t think it’s competition if it’s one-sided lol

1 Like

My point is that the same legal restrictions that prevent Arrow from providing a bridge also affect Sponge.

Well we got the best and talented coders, so we win :smiley: (And our forum looks better xD)

1 Like

Lol yeah, I like how they used proboards as a forums service xD

It looks like they are gone in a week or two. Just wait for their fate!

Er… As you might not know we are still working on Arrow. The forums are upgraded and we have a bigger fanbase, some new threads, fans and over 30 devs.

• xxmarijnw (Arrow Project Lead)

Couldn’t connect to the forum link. Free website server maxed out it’s connections/bandwidth. Not an auspicious sign IMHO…

but…

Good Luck - the ultimate judge will be the community.

We are currently switching hosts. Sorry for the inconvidence.

• xxmarijnw

Good luck but carful none the less. The community as a whole just had a major upset if you do become popular I hope you thought out everything for possible years down the line as well as what splitting the community may do.

Even if you have the power some times its best to watch.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/standards.png

2 Likes

Congratulations, retarding the growth of other communities and ideas. You should really stop mocking other projects as if you own everything.

This thread is 7 months old mate.

Apologies, it was at the (near) the top of the section. Whoops. :relaxed: